Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation 2 Advanced PIN
Dreamstation 2 Advanced PIN
Howdy all - I'll admit I'm more of a lurker here, but wanted to make you all aware of what transpired this past week for me.

I purchased a Dreamstation 2 Advanced out of pocket from my DME this past Thursday.  When I got home, I noticed the respiratory therapist had set the machine for 5-20, though I'm more comfortable and have AHI's less than 1 consistently at 12-20.  She did nothing wrong in that she set the machine to my prescription, but using this forum and others I self-titrated to a much better AHI score. 

I attempted to enter the clinical menu on my machine (remember, one that I bought outright, so no insurance at all here) and found that the machine was locked via a PIN code.  I called the DME and asked if they could change the pressure to 12-20 rather than 5-20 and they said no, as the script was for 5-20.  They suggested that the machine will 'learn' me in a week or so and it'd start me higher, but I use the machine to get quality sleep, and I don't want to lose another week's sleep waiting.  Plus, this machine is a secondary machine as I spend my time 50% in two houses, so I want to be sure that I can match the machines when they or I want.  They also refused to give me the PIN code to change the settings myself.  So, I took matters into my own hands.

I broke through the pin code lock, and set the machine myself. ;Wink Wasn't too hard.

But, this AM, I get a call from my DME.  They can see that I broke through the pin code, and that I changed my settings.  They were letting me know that they actually called my doctor to report to the doctor that I changed my settings, and were requesting a new prescription at the new pressure.  

My doc's office hasn't called me yet, but just wanted people to know that they are watching us, with more scrutiny I think than before...

Anyone else think this is a bit weird?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation 2 Advanced PIN
Since you purchased this device outright, did you sign anything granting them access permission? If not, then they don't have any business connecting to your device.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Negative, I did not sign anything other than the equipment receipt.

J
Post Reply Post Reply
You have the right to decline any testing, monitoring or procedures. It would be interesting to know exactly how you defeated the PIN code.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm loathe to put that info on a public forum, but check your messages.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does it have Airplane Mode that you can enable? I would think that would make it so they can't access your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does, but I hadn't thought of that when I first got it - and I had incorrectly figured that if I changed the pin they couldn't access it...  I'd have to have turned on airplane mode, and set things, and leave it, but them I have compliance check reports that might be a problem as I spend 50% of my time in one house and 50% in another.  Meaning, together I'm compliant, but individual machines will report that I am not.

Gotta love is...

j
Post Reply Post Reply
Tell them to bug off. You bought it so order them to quit monitoring now!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Compliance doesn't mean jack, if insurance or DOT isn't involved.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Wouldn't continued compliance monitoring keep my ins company paying for supplies like hoses, masks, etc?

Thanks!
j
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 270 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Philips Bipap auto sv advanced series one keithy62 5 597 03-23-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Dream Station 2 Advanced Randallje 8 873 10-23-2022, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Randallje
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,534 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Battery Backup Humidifier use Dream Station 2 cpap advanced Meangreen13 4 798 07-08-2022, 05:25 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.