Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Event type display
Event type display
Good evening,
I remember reading that in the left side panel that only a type of event that you have experienced will display, and once you have it once that type will always display, whether there is a recorded event on a given day or not.

Since upgrading to V1.5 in that panel I am seeing a Cheyne Stokes Respiration Entry, I have never seen that before
I have clicked back through each day for the last 6 weeks and cannot see where there has been a recorded event
Does the Cheyne Stokes event type now display in V1.5 regardless of if one has recorded an event

Is there a way to search your data by event type so I can see if I have had an event ??

thanks for any help
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day All
Good evening,
Been a lurker here for quite a while,
Been on CPAP for for 8 years now, currently using a Resmed 10 Auto and recently bought a Wellue 02 ring, that has given some interesting results,
AHI is predominantly below each night
I reckon it is time to take more control and interest in what is actually going on, so here I am to learn

Thanks for having me
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: G'day All
Welcome to Apnea Board. If you meant to post some data, feel free to try again. Not sure what the "interesting results" are, but we're here to help. I merged the two threads into a single one where we can discuss any data or concerns you may have. Resmed labels all periodic breathing as CSR, and if you ever had fluctuating flow volume, that event will show up in the charts, even if the event does not occur. CSR is a particular diagnostic term and while we don't agree with Resmed's use of it, OSCAR reports events in the same terminology used in the manufacturer's software, so the same pattern on a Philips machine is labeled "Periodic Breathing".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Event type display
Thanks Sleeprider,
I did try to post some data but I am unable to post images until after I have 4 posts, so that failed.
I am aware what periodic breathing/cheyne stokes is, my question was why Oscar would start displaying that event type when I couldn't and still can't find any evidence of it in my data, so I was just asking if in Version 1.5 it showed regardless of whether there were any recorded instances of the event, it has never displayed previously.

As for the interesting 02 results, I have periods of below 90% that I was obviously unaware of previously, again, I can't share any images yet
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, answer this and you'll be at 4 posts. That will only affect the ability to link from external sources. You can attach images uploaded to your account with 1+ posts. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2023, 07:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You can attach images uploaded to your account with 1+ posts. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

To clarify, you don't even need 1 post to attach an image file to a post.  Brand new members with zero posts can do it.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2023, 10:20 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: To clarify, you don't even need 1 post to attach an image file to a post.  Brand new members with zero posts can do it.

To Clarify, when I tried to do just that, I was met with an error message telling me that I indeed could not post images until I had 4 group posts

Anyway, whether combining to two posts has hidden the intent of my first post or not, my question still goes unanswered 

On a brighter note, I will indeed, now, be able to post images
Post Reply Post Reply
This does not answer your question but if you were using a dream station it is called periodic breathing. If you had that at any time it would show up cs with resmed.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2023, 05:53 PM)MarkChap Wrote: To Clarify, when I tried to do just that, I was met with an error message telling me that I indeed could not post images until I had 4 group posts

No, you tried to post a link to an off-site image.  That's the option that you can't do until you've reached 4 posts.  This restriction is a spam-prevention measure.

What I was referring to was a post attachment (not a link to an off-site image).  Anyone can attach an image file to their post, even if they don't have any posts yet.

To reiterate, attaching an image is completely different thank inserting it via a link to an off-site image.  There's two methods to put an image into your post:

1.  Use the forum attachment feature (see HERE).  (this feature is available to ALL members, regardless of post-count)

2.  Insert an image link to an off-site image.  (see HERE).  (this feature is available to ONLY members with 4 or more posts).

In order to help, we've edited that particular error message to be more descriptive and helpful.  It now says:

"I'm sorry, members with less than 4 posts are not allowed to post off-site images.  Please use the attachment feature instead"

Hope that helps.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  manual event logging for oscar capman 2 128 03-07-2024, 02:06 PM
Last Post: capman
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 163 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  Mask Brand and Type on Oscar summary page douglaskeene 2 288 02-11-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
  OSCAR code and event flags? PeaceLoveAndPizza 0 399 12-12-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 665 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  OSCAR 1.5 Pressure Display Cuppa 3 648 09-05-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Quick OSCAR Question re Custom Event Flagging AndyB 3 718 06-06-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: AndyB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.