Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation 2, does Hose size matter?
Dreamstation 2, does Hose size matter?
Hello, I am fairly new to APAP but I am going to be getting a new hose soon. I have the 12mm hose but I kinda wanna order online and the store I order from only has 15mm and 22mm. What is the difference besides size?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation 2, does Hose size matter?
Heated 12mm Micro-Flexible Tubing for DreamStation 2

This Heated Micro-Flexible Tubing is designed exclusively for use with DreamStation 2 Series CPAP Machines. It is the lightest, most flexible heated tubing ever made by Philips Respironics.

With ultralight Micro-Flex Tubing, you can sleep in any position without worrying about mask drag, or heavy tubing sitting on your bedsheets and body. Micro-Flex CPAP Tubes include a handy secure-click mechanism at the machine end so that the tubing is exceptionally secure; but easy to attach and detach as well.

MASK COMPATIBILITY: At the mask end of this Micro-Flex Tubing is a PR12 Mask Adapter which makes the tubing compatible with any standard CPAP mask from any manufacturer. If you use one of Respironics’s more modern masks, like the DreamWear Nasal or Full Face, you can remove the quick release connector from the mask and the standard mask adapter from your Micro-Flex Tubing and the mask will click directly onto the tube. It’s a great way to create an almost seamless (and more lightweight) connection between your mask and machine.
USAGE: Be sure to select the appropriate “12MM” tubing option on your DreamStation 2 or DreamStation Go device when using Micro-Flex Tubing to ensure proper sleep therapy pressure delivery. For complete instructions review the documentation that came with your equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation 2, does Hose size matter?
What matters most is your DS2 is set for the hose size you purchase. Assuming your 12mm is a heated hose (prevents rainout) do you want to change from it?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,791 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.