Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Looking for suggestions. 3yrs CPAP 15-30 AHI
RE: Looking for suggestions. 3yrs CPAP 15-30 AHI
Here is a link to flow limitation http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...limitation

just more to look at.
Post Reply Post Reply
hey flushed. can you PM me or post an explanation of your journey including what drove you to use CPAP versus APAP settings.  I use APAP, which shifts the pressure every breath with exhale pressure 2cm lower than the inhale pressure. I have tried CPAP pressure before and it is a little different feel than APAP.

Thanks
QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
can you post a 20 minute long strip of Nov 11 for each of these timeframes - (1) from 3:40 am to 4:00 am, and (2) from 4:40 am to 5:00 am?

thank you, and refresh me on whether you generally remember dreaming when you find yourself awake.

Thanks
QAL

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2022, 06:03 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: hey flushed. can you PM me or post an explanation of your journey including what drove you to use CPAP versus APAP settings.  I use APAP, which shifts the pressure every breath with exhale pressure 2cm lower than the inhale pressure. I have tried CPAP pressure before and it is a little different feel than APAP.

@QAL

I put CPAP just out of habit I suppose but under my profile I specified that my dream station is setup in auto mode. 

When I wake up in the morning, I would say less than 50% of the time I remember dreaming.

data as requested: 340-400, 440-500, and added my latest night, Dec 1st.

@keepSmiling,

I had a little break after a minor surgery but really did not feel like dong much of anything.

It took a while but I finally received the cervical collar. Per some reviews and suggestions, I measured my neck to be 4" but ordered 4.5" because supposedly the collar rolls down a bit. 4.5" gives me little room to move and is pretty uncomfortable. I may try to wear it down a little during the day.

What can I do about the leaks? is 27 too high? I have no idea.. Best I can do is try to shave more often, maybe see if any new masks are available.
I think my old mask I got about 18-21 for leakage rate but there was a supply chain issue.
The dream station doesnt pop up telling me I have a large leak and daily it says something about a good seal.

I have yet to figure out how to transfer data and such for my 02 meter but last night 
<90% 58 seconds. drops over 4% 7,   average sp02 94%, lowest sp02 88%, hr avg 59. next is night before:
<90% 42 seconds, drops over 4% 23, average sp02 95%, lowest sp02 87%, hr avg 61. 

So, I found the folly of too much pressure. I went to 12 and seemed fine, 13 and felt bad but not really sure why, then 14 and knew it was too much pressure pushed into my stomach. I reduced to 12 but still felt bad and after 3 days of that, I switched to pressure 11 and turned the flex breathing assistant back on.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. I forgot what I was hunting for in the 20 minute snips, but think I was looking for awake-like breathing patterns to indicate REM and potential dreaming. I did not detect any. Just for reference, you only remember dreaming if you wake within 5 minutes, and usually cannot remember what you dreamed unless you wake 0 to 120 seconds after dreaming. I almost always awaken after dreaming and after REM state.

Anyway, your leaks chart shows total leaks and (leaks that are beyond the designed leak rate). only the lower amount line (nearly 0 for most of the night on Dec 1) is excess leakage, and you had only one period at 07:20 am where there was a fair amount of leakage, and that was not excessive.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV Settings -- looking for suggestions croc297 4 133 04-21-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 12 288 04-20-2024, 02:13 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 606 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 213 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,134 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 327 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 350 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.