Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose/tubing covers/wraps suggestions?
Hose/tubing covers/wraps suggestions?
Seems to be widely scattered info on this, if you know an existing detailed thread plz say so

New to heated tubing, looking at wraps and covers

ResMed appears to sell 2 different ones….and theres one called a “snugglehose” which seems inordinantly popular.

Ideally looking for both effectiveness and longevity/durability

Suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose/tubing covers/wraps suggestions?
I purchased a couple of hose covers from a seller on Etsy. They are 100% cotton flannel. My problem with the ResMed cover was noise from the nylon fabric which seemed a bit rough. I could hear it rubbing on my sheets and headboard when I turned over and found it annoying. The soft flannel is quiet and I’ve not had problems with rainout using either the ResMed (only used one week) and the flannel (used for over a year). I wash and dry it like a pieces of clothing.

All that being said, I know several people who love the other covers and I’m sure they will chime in to provide their experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good info.

The “SnuggleHose” cover is made of thick fleece, so more/less similar to the etsy products you referenced.  thwyre qvaioable in both velcro and zippered versions, and i know [DME Link Removed] Supplier #1  
is reselling them, if youre curious for a look.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
The one I was using was black fleece. It had a full length zipper that made it easy on and off. Also, it was 100% dead quiet. No noise at all if it happened to rub against something.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used several, both fleece and nylon, bot solid and zippered. I prefer the zippered as it is easier to get on and off especially when using a longer hose (I use either a 9 or 10 foot one). I do not use one for rainout, but to keep little kitty teeth out of the hose. One thing I found about the non-zippered ones is they be a devil to put on and work over the end joints especially if they are flannel. Also good to get ones that are truly washable. Over the years I have ones that were worthless after the second washing.

Got them from various suppliers both on the suppliers list (see link above) and via Amazon.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,922 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 248 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 304 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.