Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation 2 side cover
Dreamstation 2 side cover
I just received my Dreamstation 2 through the Phillips replacement program. I plan to use it primarily for travel. As I seldom feel a need for humidification, I would like to be able to use the machine without the water chamber, and cut down the bulk I need to pack. The provider manual states that a side cover is available to replace the water. chamber, but I'm unable to find a source. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation 2 side cover
Hi, dlong0609  I would check Supplier 29.  I found a ResMed side cover there.  Also, Supplier 3 had a replacement filter door.  

I realize you're looking for a Phillips item; I'm just highlighting suppliers that may have a wider range of stock than some.  Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I learned from evaluating my next machine purchase that Philips Respironics's design includes the integral water chamber, and that's it! The only option is to run the device without water, which does little to save travel space.

I love to know if someone is rejiggering a solution, perhaps using a printed plastic part that re-routes the airflow.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Back in late 2021 when I received my DS2 I had seen the side cover mentioned in one of the manuals I had download. I did an extensive search for said cover and could find nothing. I have not seen it mentioned in any other DS2 document or online as a part or an accessory. I kinda have come to the conclusion that Philips had once thought they would have a side cover and mention of it got into a document, but it just never happened. If one ever does come to fruition, I'm guessing it will be after they get caught with the recall remediation process (read as 'not too soon'). I've also rethought the idea of getting a side cover as the DS2 still has the protruding heater plate that would be a bit awkward when packing in a bag.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 258 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  would it matter if you ran a cpap (without humidifier) on its side?on its side snorin2 8 629 11-19-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.