Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation 2 vs Dreamstation 1
Dreamstation 2 vs Dreamstation 1
Just got my replacement for the recall, Is there any downsides to the dreamstation 2? I haven't seen a dr in quite a while. I manage my own settings, can i still do that on dreamstation 2? i noticed the filters are different which sucks because i have 100s of the other filters. Can i buy those somewhere without seeing a dr? 

Philips also wants me to send back my dreamstation 1 do i have to?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation 2 vs Dreamstation 1
Filters do not require a prescription.  Look online for them.  

The DS2 encrypts its data.  This shouldn't be of a concern since you don't monitor your results.  If you decide to start monitoring, the only program available to you will be OSCAR.  Up until the DS2, you could use Philips' Encore or Encore Pro, but not for the DS2.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DS1 got replaced with a DS2. I've bought a few ultra-fine filters online, no prescript needed. Same with a spare water tank purchased online. The heated hoses from the DS1 will work with the DS2 and there is a smaller 12mm heated hose available as well which I have one, but not tried as of yet.
For me the transition to the DS2 was easy and I can't say I noticed much difference in the therapy. In the clinical/provider menu of the DS2 you can change most of the settings you may need to. 

You probably don't 'have' to send the DS1 back. I sent mine back as it would likely be refurbished as a replacement for someone else that specifically needed a DS1 and I likely wouldn't have used it any more anyhow due to the possible issues with it. I did purchase out of pocket a ResMed AS10 as a backup and travel machine.

The DS2 data is encrypted, but the latest version of OSCAR will read all the data just as it does with the DS1.

If I had any quibbles with the DS2, it would be the physical design. The hose coming out the front didn't work well as I have the hose going behind the beds headboard up to an overhead hanger. The water chamber the rear of the DS2 wouldn't be as easy as the DS1 to remove on the nightstand. To address these two things I simply turned the DS2 around so the hose is to the rear and the water chamber to the front. The display is in the wrong orientation to read easy, but I seldom look at it anyhow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for the replies. Appreciate the info. 

Little irked about the filters and the water chambers. I probably have 20 water chambers and about 100 filters for the DS1. Oh well.

Thanks again
Jeremy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,846 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,222 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,504 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.