Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation ASV VS Aircurve S10 ASV problems reports, with which reports are true??
Dreamstation ASV VS Aircurve S10 ASV problems reports, with which reports are true??

After my latest Dreamstations went Nuts I got a Aircurve S10 ASV.

Well this is interesting...there are one of two things happening, the first one (which I hope is TRUE) IS that AM I REALLY getting along with this machine, first my AHIs (the assessment of how many events I have per hour per a night’s sleep) DROPPED majorly from 2 to 6AHI to OMG .66 then .80...

With the really LOW AHIs from the ResMed machine I have lowered my base (EPAP)  pressure from 11.4 to 10.4, with PS of the Max of 6 reading the machines own report it lowered my base (EPEP) pressure to 9.4...and I still got a rating of ONLY .28....Tonight I will set if FOR 9.4 and see what happens. Still Low AHIs.

This is radical compared to my normal settings on my old Dreamstation BiPAP Auto SV (ASV) of: EPEP of 11.5 MAX IPAP 30.0 PS 6.0-18.5  which was set for IPAP 17.5and with these settings I was only able getting AHIs under 5.

Last night I set things on the Aircurve S10 ASV even lower EPEP at 8.4 and PS still at 6.  I seemed to not like that setting, I seemed to be hardly getting any air it seemed too low so I moved up to an EPEP of 9, PS 6 Max PS of 16. That seemed better and I seemed to get to sleep.

The major difference between the Phillips Dreamstation BiPAP AUTO SV machines settings and reports from the ResMed Bi-level PAP, Aircurve S10 ASV really bothers me…they are SO FAR apart in their reports, I wonder which is accurate and true.

The possibilities are perhaps a number of reasons the Phillips Dreamstation BiPAP Auto SV reads so much higher could be:

That perhaps Phillips lies, that it is made to do so to justify its use by reporting all kinds of events.

OR the very thing I once felt I NEEDED may very well be causing all my reported events, the instance on full pressure of the IPAP of the Dreamstation; it may very well trigger these extra events by its very impact.

The ResMed uses a slower rising pressure which I used to dislike, but now I am OK with it and that may very well be the reason I am doing so well on it.

OR, my reporting program OSCAR which for some time has had problems reporting the actions of the Phillips Dreamstation BiPAP Auto SV so it may be creating false reports.

Sadly there is another possibility: The ResMed Air Curve 10 ASV is the liar. There is a major difference with what ResMed will report VS what seemly Phillips will report.

It is conceivable ResMed is programed to report on serious events and skip minor ones to appear to be a much better greater machine that all others.

And another problem is sleep studies: If I get along better with ResMed OR it makes lighter reports, well this could also be a reason I do so well (or badly, as in less problems)  with my sleep studies as they all seem to use ResMed systems in testing.

Anyone know the answers to these questions??

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 301 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.