Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation ASV not helping, help needed.
Dreamstation ASV not helping, help needed.
help needed,
I went from a ACPAP to a ASV dream station,
testing my SPo2 with ASV and SPo2 with out i get the same readings?
my best SPo2 numbers are without ASV but with a neck brace and head propped up.
I tried the ASV with neck brace and head propped up, it did not make any difference
compared with just neck brace/head propping.
the ASV showed a AHI of 2.8 but my SPo2 looks the same as if I did not use the ASV?
the ASV shows it prevents my central apneas and all i get is hypo apneas now,
the average AHI i am getting with the ASV is 6 to 8 sometimes lower 2.8 sometimes higher 10.8.
my first sleep study it shows around 13 AHI, but i was told 7.4 AHI- something to do with whats counted
and sleep stage. the ASV does not know what sleep stage you are in.
12/26 ASV used all night with neck brace.
the 12/24 spo2 ASV on half the time on that chart, can you tell when i took the mask off?
or that could be 12/21 that i took the mask off after 4 hours? I forgot and can't tell.
12/25 no ASV used spo2 chart.
keep an eye on the scale spo2% as its different on some charts, making the chart look different.
i was told my SPo2 should be a solid strait lines not squiggle lines, the whole point for the ASV.
i posted two of 12/25 charts sorry, going by date at vary top left corner.

I also might have spotted fraud by DME company, as my dream station comes with 6 foot hose and foam filter and one ultra fine filter, DME charged me extra for 6 foot hose and filters that came with the dream station, so check your billing.
i was also charged for" head gear" whatever that is, but my full face mask came with head gear, i did not get any extra head gear, tubing or filters.  could be just billing err somehow?
[Image: pvffjTf.png][Image: oL5Pxvr.png][Image: oetGMbq.png][Image: 2DSZONy.png]

[Image: oetGMbq.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation ASV not helping, help needed.
(12-27-2017, 04:54 PM)chicken Wrote: I also might have spotted fraud by DME company, as my dream station comes with 6 foot hose and foam filter and one ultra fine filter, DME charged me extra for 6 foot hose and filters that came with the dream station, so check your billing.
i was also charged for" head gear" whatever that is, but my full face mask came with head gear, i did not get any extra head gear, tubing or filters.  could be just billing err somehow?

Hi chicken,
It is common practice for DME’s to charge separately for supplies, like filters and hoses, and even the humidifier.

They also breakdown the mask parts and charge separately for headgear and replacement cushions.

Not fraud, just normal billing practices.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
DME billing,
I might of missed something on my post,
DME charges for CPAP kit, (kit comes with hose,filters,)
DME charges for separate hose and filters.
I was thinking i would have two hoses and some extra filters?
they are charging for a "kit" 
then they charge you for the items in the kit?
if you were to return it how would you explain it?
here is the CPAP kit I did not use it, and i want a refund for the hose and filters.
"do you have the hose and filters?"
there in the kit?
they are billing for one CPAP kit with hose and filters for x amount.
then they charge you extra for a hose and extra for a filter.
if i could i would return the hose and filter that i was charged for but i never got 
any extra hose or filter, I did get a cpap kit that comes with hose/filter.
am i missing something, "i am brain dead do to lack of good sleep" 
lots of misspellings, typo,s, ect.. sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your charts would be more useful if they showed the events large enough to be read, and while I understand you are focusing on SpO2 and pulse, that is pretty useless for helping you to adjust the machine. Really need the pressures, events, flow, snores and the things we normally look at. Starting at the beginning, what are your settings? Need Mode, EPAP min, EPAP max, PS min, PS max and maximum pressure.

With regard to equipment, is this billed to insurance, or do you pay a substantial portion? Most DMEs will bill for each piece of equipment dispensed and use a separate billing code for the the hose, filter, mask frame, mask cushion, mask headgear, etc. If you pay a substantial proportion of that as copay or deductible, consider buying from an online supplier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Who told you your o2 should be a straight line?
The chart is a bit hard to read and it would be better to use the sleepyhead screen shot function. also as suggested to set it out better. I think the medium o2 of 90% with what seems to be a drop to 87% at 1:40, comes within normal variation of +/- 4 point swing. The singular wild drop at 2:20, I would think was just a finger glitch.
Why the median is 90% ? It could be your altitude or the meter just reads low. What it the o2 reading when you are awake?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I am looking for SPo2 charts to compare with mine, not sure how to search for spo2 charts?
i did try spo2 charts under search.
I think its posted in my profile, ill recheck,
min. EPAP is 4 max is 20
pressure support is 0 max is 25.
dreamstation DSX900 ASV, with full face mask Amara.
sleepyhead does not work with a macbook and dream station ASV yet,(might be by now?)
so the only readings i can see are that i am not having any centrals and all AHI are hypo apneas.
that and my oximeter that was checked at the doctors office for accuracy.
Post Reply Post Reply
i did use the screen shot of sleepyhead, i did pick the new forum copy/paste 
ill try the thumbnail.
my sleep doctor told me that it should be a strait line,
its not about the range that much as it is with the SPo2 level jumping around,
it should be more of a strait line.
my SPo2 level looks the same before and after ASV.
ill see what the doc. says tomorrow.
i got around 3 months on the ASV, i like it a lot more then the APAP.
[Image: h1Akl30.png][Image: vppvhX1.png]
[Image: ImgBlbu.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
i am at 5200 feet altitude, the doctors office is around 4300 feet.
spo2 always shows 98% in office my spo2 meter shows around 94% at home.
ill retest it tomorrow to see if i get 98% and my meter shows 98% in office.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: ImgBlbu.png]
[Image: vppvhX1l.png][Image: vppvhX1l.png]
what am i doing wrong with uploading links from imager?
Post Reply Post Reply
What mode is your ASV set in?  So far, the settings you have related, suggest your machine is on default settings.  If we can get a view of the types and frequency of events, it's likely we can help.  The problem is not the ability of Sleepyhead to produce charts, it is the content you are including.  I'd rather see an EncorePro chart than the oxygen and pulse data.  REALLY need to see events.  If you don't know how to organize charts, read the first link in my signature.

Quote:min. EPAP is 4 max is 20
pressure support is 0 max is 25.
dreamstation DSX900 ASV, with full face mask Amara.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,533 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 100 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 186 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,073 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 296 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.