Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Auto Bipap Setting Questions
RE: Dreamstation Auto Bipap Setting Questions
The DME must have just decided to set the min ps to 4 and the max ps to 8 because that is what is listed under the provider therapy section in the machine, even though, nothing is on the prescriptions. I'm going to change the Minps to 2 and the Maxps to 5 and see if that helps. My husband and I each just got the same machine. We're going to try them out tonight, but I don't think I'm going to like it already. I put the pillows on while I was awake. I feel like it forces me to take a breath too quickly. I thought the auto machine was supposed to track each breath and adjust accordingly.

I'm going to see if the DME will read the smart card from our old machines so I can see what both of our settings were while using it. I'm going to be reading a lot to try to understand this. The pulmonologist we see is nice and will do what we ask... He prescribed the machine we wanted. However he didn't even read the smart card that we brought with us to the appointment when he gave us the prescription for the new machines. I could ask him to tell the DME to help us make adjustments, but I'm not sure she knows much or else she may have just lied. When I picked up the machine, she told me the machine didn't have the capability to show AHI even when I told her our DR. said it did. Clearly it is listed on our machines now because I enabled it on both of them. I could go back to the doctor and discuss settings with him, but I at least need to have knowledge before I can discuss anything intelligently.

Thank you for the reading information. If you have anything else that will help me understand how the settings work I'll appreciate it. I am supposed to be an intelligent person, but right now I don't feel very knowledgeable. Thank you for your time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Juniper's questions juniper 5 79 5 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 203 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,015 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 812 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 230 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,153 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  candidate for bipap??? eok361 6 440 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.