Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Auto SV VS Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV auto EPAP
Dreamstation Auto SV VS Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV auto EPAP
My son just got an Rx for a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV auto. EPAP. What is the difference between that and my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Auto SV VS Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV auto EPAP
Different algorithms, the PR targets a constant Tidal Volume and the ResPed targets a constant Minute Vent rate.  

A unique opportunity for you to share with your son and actually for the both of you to try both systems.

I'm sure others will provide a more precise list of the differences.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed does a lot more in software than the Respironics, so there are fewer parameters to adjust. It seems to work well for most people.

My experience (on the previous models) is that the Resmed largely adapts to your way of breathing but the Respironics tries to force you to breathe its way. Consequently many people find the Resmed more comfortable as well as giving better overall results.

As Fred said, you have a great opportunity to compare the machines - would love to hear of your thoughts after trying both.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hear the Respironics has a few more pressure oriented settings, but may be slower to respond and isn't as natural feeling. I've had very good results in tackling all central and obstructive apnea events with the ResMed. The ResMed AirCurve ASV is an excellent choice for taking on central apnea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,511 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,241 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.