Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Auto new user
Dreamstation Auto new user
My partner used a brand new Dreamstation Auto last night for the first time.  It switched off randomly a few hours later -started up again when switched on again.    Should we be concerned and look to return it or persist a while given she is very new to CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Auto new user
Hi CondorX,
Check the machines setting to see if the Auto On/Auto/Off is enabled.  The machine will turn off if it doesn't detect a breath, and also turn back on when a breath is detected.  

I would just turn the settings to off.  This feature doesn't always work well with certain type masks.

From the manual:
Automatic On:
 You can enable or disable this feature if you want the device to automatically turn the airflow on whenever the patient applies the interface (mask) to their airway.
Automatic Off:
  You can enable or disable this feature if you want the device to automatically turn the airflow off whenever the patient removes the interface (mask) from their airway.

If you need a Clinicians Manual, order here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Also, when she has time, download the OSCAR software, then follow the links in my signature line on how to organize the daily graph and post an attachment here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you -I have gone into the provider Therapy menu and switched Auto to CPAP -can’t see another auto setting I can change

The machine also recorded no data on the SD card last night. Luckily she was wearing the wrist pulse oximeter and that showed quite a nice improvement on her previous night before CPAP.

I have reset the SD card and the machine is recognising it so hope it works tonight!

I am the techie one so will have to sort out the software etc-I am a clinician too, albeit non sleep related (psychiatrist)

The mask is a Phillips Amara Gel.

Just got DreamMapper organised on her phone now and will try to get OSCAR done too.

Also requested clinical manual

No doubt lots more questions to come! Thank you for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2020, 09:39 AM)CondorX Wrote: Thank you -I have gone into the provider Therapy menu and switched Auto to CPAP -can’t see another auto setting I can change.

I think you misunderstood.  Keep the therapy mode set to Auto.  We wouldn't suggest changing to Cpap mode unless we saw her data and thought there was a reason to do so.

The settings I'm talking about turns the machine on and off when breathing is detected or not, without you physically turning the machine on or off. The reason for my suggestion is that you said the machine was randomly turning on and off.

Automatic On:
You can enable or disable this feature if you want the device to automatically turn the airflow on whenever the patient applies the interface (mask) to their airway.
Automatic Off:
 You can enable or disable this feature if you want the device to automatically turn the airflow off whenever the patient removes the interface (mask) from their airway.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will change it back then - I cannot see any other auto setting as you describe in the menus that can be changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to  Device Setting.  This takes you to a Sub Menu where you will see the setting for Auto On/Off that looks like this:  The large A with a picture of a fan.

[attachment=19131]
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah excellent - that is really helpful, will do that now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi CondorX,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to your partner with CPAP Therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 807 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 597 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,004 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.