Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation BiPAP S/T Adjustments
RE: Dreamstation BiPAP S/T Adjustments
You can probably keep EPAP low but lower IPAP. I would say PS of 8.0 is maximum, so if you are going to try lower pressure, I think IPAP needs to come down. 13/5.5 maybe?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, I think making the adjustments that you suggested will help me. Since being on BiPAP, I have struggled a little to fall asleep. Lower pressure should help. Gone are the days when I would fall asleep once I hit the pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, you impress me with you insight. 
AHI results for the last 2 nights at 13 IPAP, 5.5 EPAP:
0.0 (not a typo) and 0.4. The only events were 3 hypopneas last night.
I did have to get up a few times to walk around due to bad aerophagia. This week I'm at my in-laws using their sleeper couch. It's doesn't have the elevated head like my bed at home, so that's probably a contributing factor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic results. It’s not entirely my insight but your ability to understand your symptoms, communicate them clearly, and take the next logical step to solve the problem. You can continue to slowly lower pressures and hopefully resolve the aerophagia. 12.5/5.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll make the changes to 12.5/5.0 and see what happens in the next few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AHI results for the last 5 days at 12.5/5.0 pressure:
0.8 (1 OA)
1.0 (1 OA)
Aerophagia is better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty darn good! How low should we go? 4.5-12? A few obstructive indicators are starting to show up. I think it's worth trying the lower pressure before making a decision on which is best.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
12.0/4.5... I'll give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last 2 nights at 12/4.5 were AHI of 0.3 & 0.8 with no CA's or OA's... wow.
11.5/4 perhaps???
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see any good reason why not. I imagine this is starting to feel pretty terrific.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 857 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,790 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 251 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 484 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 584 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 172 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.