Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation BiPap Question
Dreamstation BiPap Question
Hello,

I am new to sleep apnea and just recently started using a Dreamstation Auto BiPap Machine.  The first few nights I used it with the hose plugged into the humidifier, last night I decided to take the humidifier off and plug directly into the BiPap.  I noticed it was a total different experience, when using the humidifier I only had air rushing when I took a breath.  When I plugged directly into the BiPap I had air rushing all night long, I felt a constant air pressure and air would rush out of the holes at the top of the headgear and vent holes in the face mask itself.  It was distracting to sleep that way and I ended up plugging the humidifier back in.  Has anyone else noticed this or know why this would be?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation BiPap Question
Welcome

your cpap is set to 10/6. This means the machine will blow air at 6 cm/h2o all the time, it will increase the pressure to 10 cm/h2o when you take a breath. Possibly the humidifier reduces the pressure slightly but the machine is always supplying air at 6 cm/h2o. So I am not sure what caused you to feel a difference. How long have you been using cpap?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just started, on night 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidifier really dampens noise from the blower unit. I suspect the pressure was the same, but the noise level without the humidifier was higher and more noticeable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 203 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,153 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  candidate for bipap??? eok361 6 440 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: eok361
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,553 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  bipap Innisfree 2 415 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New to BIPAP, how does my data look? slaynie 4 519 12-11-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: slaynie
  new to bipap want the best experiance bssford460 3 520 11-16-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.