Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Blows constantly
Dreamstation Blows constantly
I have been a CPAP user since 2003. My pressure is currently set to 11.0. I own two dreamstation 1 machines and both now have the same problem. When started they blow air continuously until I exhale violently. At that point the machine begins to “ breath” with me supporting my inhaling and easing off when I exhale. 

This is great until I take a deep breath at which point it just blows air continuously until I exhale violently again. Obviously this has driven me to park both machines and trying to get them repaired with the recall active is, I understand, not possible. 

Any suggestions are welcome as I have tried every combination in the patient mode and therapy mode I can think of.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Blows….. constantly
First guess is that your mask vent is plugged/bad.
How old is the mask (including elbow where the vent is) ?
Which mask do you use ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your feedback. I had the same initial thought given that it is two machines. I replaced the mask valve and elbow assembly. In addition, I have collected several backup masks over the years. Both machines behave the same with all of them. Very strange and Phillips has been no help at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you happen to take them apart to remove the recalled foam in the airbox ?
Post Reply Post Reply
No. I’ve never opened either machine. The strangest thing about this is I removed the SD card from the old one that had stopped working. I pressed the newer one into service and it worked great for two days. Then since it didn’t have an SD card I zeroed out the card and transferred it to the newer machine. This is when the problem started. Unfortunately there is no factory reset on this machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try rebooting the old fashioned way. Unplug wait a couple of minutes and plug it back in.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to be sure, are you aware that your machines are part of a giant recall by Philips Respironics? If not, you can find loads about it elsewhere on this site.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve tried the reboot procedure resulting in no change on either machine.  I’m having trouble understanding the response from Phillips. JUST DON’T USE IT. This just isn’t an option and they don’t seam to care. Very strange customer support response in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
" .. the response from Phillips. JUST DON’T USE IT."

That might be an acknowledgement to the recall. Did you already register the machine(s) for the recall ?

Has your local equipment supplier taken a look at the machine ?  They might have something to measure the pressure/flow to verify the malfunction, or might have an idea of what to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Blows constantly
Both machines are registered for the recall. When I took them to my local supplier they recommended not sending them to Respironics as they impound any dreamstations until they can apply the airway fix or replace them. I am considering buying a new Resmed but the price bugs me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 175 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  Constantly Rainout with Climateline all of a sudden, help? tierdal 6 758 09-21-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Need Help - Constantly Fatigued Tron28 15 1,092 07-18-2023, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  [Pressure] aircurve 10 asv constantly corrects me and i can't adapt Emtvalenti 7 681 05-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  New CPAP User - Keep waking up constantly stephenmichael622 1 604 02-02-2023, 03:22 PM
Last Post: myapneas
  Constantly waking up in the middle of the night totesOates 1 566 01-08-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.