Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Clicking Noise
I ran across a forum entry recently where someone was asking how to stop the clicking noise of a DreamStation machine. I was experiencing the noise also with my DS BiPap and I've found a solution. The blue plastic filter housing is the culprit. If it's pressed in firmly it will not make the noise but will eventually loosen up and it will start again. I've been taping the outside of the housing to the side of the machine with plastic electricians tape. The noise has not reappeared!
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried a new blue filter?
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered some but not here yet. Mine is only months old but I agree it's worth exploring.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi mmdupas, It's great you found a solution to the clicking problem you were having, thanks for the tip.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Umm.. Interesting. I'm not sure if you use BOTH filters. My DS came with a Reusable filter and a flat Disposable Ultra Find filter. The Reusable filter stack on top of the Disposable one. Is it possible that there's a tiny gap exist if you don't use the Disposable filter thus creating noise. Just wondering.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the thought but I am making sure everything is tight. I don't think the tape is doing much but if I press the filter in before I start using it the noise is gone for most of the night. But I think I loosens up and the noise begins again. I think they have a design flaw.
Post Reply Post Reply

You can open the door to see the filter as the machine is running ... do you see it moving? Could it be something inside the machine instead?
Post Reply Post Reply
I leave the door open so during the night I can press it in. Anything is possible but if I press the filter(s) in firmly there is no noise for a long time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About to order a Dreamstation Go DanPrado 59 9,210 1 hour ago
Last Post: SMWinnie
  Dreamstation from Amazon eddie willers 12 393 11-22-2017, 09:55 PM
Last Post: eddie willers
  Dreamstation SD Card Question jrdnduvall 13 437 11-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Last Post: archangle
  DreamStation Go setting suggestions coming from an S9? epicycloid 6 209 11-21-2017, 01:31 AM
Last Post: David Govan
  x1, x2, x3... Mask Type Quick Reference? [Dreamstation] Sheepish 7 458 11-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Last Post: SnoringInOregon
  Why High AHI using DreamStation vs AirSense 10?? Fixit50 20 815 11-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Shin Ryoku
  Noise cancelling solutions BlinkyGeorgia 22 670 11-13-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94