Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Clicking Noise
Dreamstation Clicking Noise
I ran across a forum entry recently where someone was asking how to stop the clicking noise of a DreamStation machine. I was experiencing the noise also with my DS BiPap and I've found a solution. The blue plastic filter housing is the culprit. If it's pressed in firmly it will not make the noise but will eventually loosen up and it will start again. I've been taping the outside of the housing to the side of the machine with plastic electricians tape. The noise has not reappeared!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Clicking Noise
Have you tried a new blue filter?
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered some but not here yet. Mine is only months old but I agree it's worth exploring.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mmdupas, It's great you found a solution to the clicking problem you were having, thanks for the tip.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Umm.. Interesting. I'm not sure if you use BOTH filters. My DS came with a Reusable filter and a flat Disposable Ultra Find filter. The Reusable filter stack on top of the Disposable one. Is it possible that there's a tiny gap exist if you don't use the Disposable filter thus creating noise. Just wondering.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the thought but I am making sure everything is tight. I don't think the tape is doing much but if I press the filter in before I start using it the noise is gone for most of the night. But I think I loosens up and the noise begins again. I think they have a design flaw.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can open the door to see the filter as the machine is running ... do you see it moving? Could it be something inside the machine instead?
Post Reply Post Reply
I leave the door open so during the night I can press it in. Anything is possible but if I press the filter(s) in firmly there is no noise for a long time.
Post Reply Post Reply
This seems to have worked great. 

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,249 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 197 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 218 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,722 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 431 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 642 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 371 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.