Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

(Dreamstation) Flex algorithm is out of sync with my breathing
RE: (Dreamstation) Flex algorithm is out of sync with my breathing
Your claim of feeling this even with flex off would suggest it is the pressure pulses since without flex there are no other pressure changes other than what your spontaneous breathing creates. The pulses can be the ones that get sent out during an apnea (so if you pause breathing while resting) or ones that intermittently check to see if breathing improves with higher pressure. As mentioned you can try fixing the pressure to get rid of the ones checking higher pressure.

If trying fixed pressure give it a go at these pressures for a few nights and then try a couple cm higher to see if that causes any improvement or changes. From this recent example the pressure did increase and in doing so might have helped but it is hard to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2022, 07:37 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your latest chart still shows your Flex setting at 3.  I believe I suggested you try a setting of 1 or 2.  A setting of 3 has been known to cause some variable breathing and also a feeling of your inspiration or exhalation cut short.  Breathing just doesn't feel natural.

Ah yea, that chart was from the worst night before any customizations, I've been trying your recommendations and variations since. Just did a night with C-Flex 1 and am very happy with it. Made number of Pressure Pulses overnight go from 26 to 2, clear airway from 8 to 1, and AHI from 5.23 to 2.43, etc. The only thing is this last night I did have some alcohol / late meal, both of which are known to interfere with sleep, so I will keep trying under different conditions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, just keep note on what you tried and how you slept...
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,550 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 286 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 349 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 355 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 199 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 579 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 453 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.