Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation GO hand me down opinion
Dreamstation GO hand me down opinion
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I was hoping to get some opinions from the members.  I am currently using a Resmed Airsense 10 as my primary device and my current DME is Apria Healthcare, my cousin who resides in Asia purchased a Philips Respironics Dreamstation GO.  She is not using her device anymore and would be giving it to me for me to use whenever I do my travels.  

I do know there is a recall for this device and I have asked her to contact her DME there to have it repaired before handing it over to me. My concern with having her device here in the US is that since it was purchased outside of the US, Philips USA will not provide any support, I was informed that I need to communicate with the Asia DME and/or Philips in that region.  This is going to be an inconvenience to me, so I am asking whether anyone in this forum has purchased or was given a Non-US Philips Dreamstation GO used it here in the US. If yes, how did you get support for your device? Does anyone know whether Apria Healthcare will support my device even though I did not purchase it from them? Should I go ahead and accept the device from my cousin? Thank in advance for your opinions on this matter.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation GO hand me down opinion
I'm not quite in the same situation as you are (i.e. importing a unit from a foreign country) but I have a couple of questions/comments with your issue. AFAIK (and I may be wrong) there is currently no refurb or replacement activity on DS-Go units, at least not yet.  Also as far as "support" (guess I'm not totally sure what you mean by support), with my DME, they would only support one CPAP unit at a time (i.e. provide supplies, tubes, filters, etc. for one unit - usually my main unit).  Travel CPAP purchase and supplies are usually fully out of pocket costs on most, if not all insurance plans.  If you're talking about warranty support in the US for a unit purchased in Asia your cousin can probably get that info from the warranty info that came with the unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation GO hand me down opinion
I believe jas32 is right, there is no refurb or replacement activity on DS-Go units - yet. I don't know of anyone that has reported that they were given a replacement or refurb for a DS-Go, at least I haven't read about anyone in any forum or on reddit. I also have not come across any plan by Philips on what their plan is for DS-Go units. I have a DS1 & a DS-go registered with Philips and besides the confirmation email after registration, and periodic updates, have not received any replacements for either unit. I do see on the Philips Portal that they have matched my DS1 to a DME which means I will likely soon get a replacement for my DS1, however nothing on the DS-go yet.

For what it's worth, there are tutorials on youtube on how to remove the foam from the tub on a DS-Go. I have done this and it wasn't very hard, as long as you have some basic mechanical ability. There is only a very small amount of foam. I will tell you though, that while my DS-Go works fine without the foam, it is also much louder. I also replaced the tub on my DS1 with a no foam tub and I can barely tell the difference in terms of increased noise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hand numbness when using CPAP sleepingbetterinFl 2 63 8 hours ago
Last Post: 40plus
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 276 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Second opinion on a sleep study spudhorse 18 962 01-09-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can someone give an opinion on these results ? Gregsleep 11 817 09-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  CPAP & INTRAOCULAR PRESSURE - CONSENSUS OF OPINION MCS2014 5 1,146 07-31-2023, 01:18 PM
Last Post: EddyDee
  Second opinion - Central Apneas ? restless51 9 1,067 06-08-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Low AHI but overall fatigue - 2nd opinion CPAPStruggles 5 1,103 01-12-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: HoseHead58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.