Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Go portable power solutions
RE: Dreamstation Go portable power solutions
I'd just like things to be as efficient as possible. If I bought this and stuck a molex on the end, is this more or less efficient than an inverter?

powerstream.com/dc-2171.htm

Seems like it'd actually be less efficient with claims like these: "Efficiency >50-80%, depending on input, output, and power."
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably wouldn't be much more efficient than in inverter.

But keep in mind, the problem with using the DC input on the DSGo is that you can't use the Humidifier/heated air. The Firmware disables that with the DC option. That's why I went with the AC option... I can use all the functions.

Honestly, the DSGo is a trainwreck of a device when you consider the DC options available (or not) and if you want to go DC, the DSGo is probably your worst choice possible. I wish I had it to do over again.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's unfortunate that they did not provide a good DC option. It's unfortunate that they don't even allow passive / unheated humidification. It's also unfortunate that both the machine itself and the battery option contain separate AC-DC converters. It seems like that could have been architected better to avoid carrying redundant weight.

However, I did press the battery into service during a recent power outage, and I was glad to have it. I had tested with an HME for just such an event - not great, but better than nothing. Unfortunately, they're only good for a week once they are opened, and I had not ordered more yet. Oh well. The machine does work well, but it's really optimized for hotel travel, not camping.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also came to the conclusion that the Dreamstation Go is terrible for portability. The regular Dreamstation will actually run on 12V, and at least for me, the power requirements are quite manageable, even with a heated tube and humidifier. I have an energy monitor that mine plugs into, and it ranges between .19 and .28kWh per night, averaging .23kWh. So a nice 100ah battery should run it for at least 4 nights.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 122 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 178 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 675 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,557 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,904 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 250 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,756 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.