Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Go question(s)
Dreamstation Go question(s)
Is the Dreamstation Go's sensors less effective when dealing with larger air flows?

The reason for my question:
1. The Dreamstation Go autostart function does not operate at all (no matter how hard and long I breath) when using a full face mask (F30), however it works as expected first time with my P10 nasal pillow. This leads me to think that the autostart pressure/flow (not sure which) sensor can't detect my full face mask for whatever reason. the F30 is on 0 leaks mostly.
2. The Dreamstation Go does not mark or respond to obvious flow limits and RERAs, and even some hypopneas when using a FFM (I can see them clearly in the OSCAR waveform), whereas it marks and reacts to most of them with the P10.
3. It often marks OSA and CA incorrectly with the FFM (it will mark an OA when there is a clear breath in the middle), whereas the OA/CA marking seems about right with the P10.

Is it something to do with the volume of air moving, or perhaps it's something silly I'm doing wrong? Perhaps it's simply a limit of travel machines? If so, should I go ahead and get a "full" machine?
Currently I'm heading towards a constant pressure of 14cmH2O with this machine, whereas I have tested that 9cmH2O is sufficient for large periods of the night.

The mask X setting is on 0 if that matters, the hose is 12mm non heated, and all setting are keep consistent when making these observations.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Go question(s)
I'm not familiar with the DS Go, but you can order a Clinicians Manual and that may answer some of your questions.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Scroll down to Section Three to find your machine.

Hopefully other Go users will have some answers for you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What are your hose and mask type settings with each mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I have to be terse until later, but yes, Respironics auto start seems less sensitive than Resmed. It’s not just the Go model.

Also, the F30 has an anti-asphyxiation valve, while the P10 does not. If you wrap your hand around the elbow, pinch the vents on the side of it, and breathe, it will start.
Post Reply Post Reply
Boom, thank you ragtopcircus! I just testing what you said and you're spot on.
Do you think that would also affect the machine's ability to accurately detect (and therefore react) to events when using a FFM vs nasal or would those be seperate issues?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, X0 is not the right setting for any mask (yes, I know the manual says otherwise). I would use X1 for an F20 or F30. I’ve never used a P10, but I’m sure it needs at least X1, maybe even X2. I use X3 for the F20 when also using the Z1/Breas HME. 

If the mask type setting is wrong and air is flowing, then the machine will calculate pressure incorrectly. 

Also, people respond differently to full face vs nasal/pillow masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Diagnosed with moderate apnea (AHI 17), I purchased the Dreamstation Go (not just for travel) and started using it a couple of weeks ago. I downloaded Oscar and started looking at the data yesterday. I am using the AUTO setting with a pressure range of 4-16 and am trying to figure out why my AHI readings fluctuate quite a bit, ranging from 3.1 to 9. AHIs (mostly hypopnea and RERA) seem to be occurring pretty steadily throughout the night. I turn off the machine once a night then turn it back on (with a 10 minute ramp) to get back to sleep. Last night AHI was 8.5. The report shows a couple some plateaus in the pressure, a maximum leak rate of 10, and maximum total leaks of 46. The time over leak readline last night (and every night) is 0. I am trying to figure out specifically how to keep a steady low AHI, and generally how to interpret the various readings in the daily report and hoping to find help on this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend posting some Oscar data. I can say with almost total certainty that setting the minimum to 4 is too low. Beyond that though, we would just be guessing without data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the daily report.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation question fby002 7 870 08-07-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: fby002
  Dreamstation 2 Question mawaw1992 5 540 08-05-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Question Question on using a Resmed S9 vs a Dreamstation 1 nbdsv96 3 548 06-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Setup question switching from Dreamstation to AirCurve 10 VAuto OceanChild 16 1,410 01-12-2023, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Dreamstation 2 Question edyurgal 7 1,024 07-15-2022, 03:35 PM
Last Post: edyurgal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.