Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Go: tubing diameter & humidifier
Dreamstation Go: tubing diameter & humidifier
Hello,

I've been happy with the Dreamstation Go that I purchased 3-years ago for travel to complement my full size Dreamstation at home.  There is one element of the DSG that has bothered me enough that I'm thinking about making a change now that we're prepping for summer trips: I've always thought that the 12mm tubing was the reason why the DSG was louder than my regular Dreamstation with the 15mm heated hose.

The 12mm diameter is great for squeezing into its small pouch with my mask, and power cord.  I compared the 12mm tubing to the 15mm heated hose on my regular Dreamstation and although there is a difference in bulk and weight, I'm pretty sure I'd make that trade in exchange  for a quieter CPAP experience.  Is it reasonable to assume that a 15mm hose should reduce noise levels?  Has anyone else tried this with the DSG?

My other question is about the quality improvement in using the DSG's heated humidifier.  The humidifier option had not yet been released when I purchased the DSG 3-years ago.  I honestly probably would not have wanted the additional bulk for quick business trips of 1-3 nights but would have preferred to have it for more general travel.  I've recently seen it listed at a reduced price of $210 and I am somewhat tempted to purchase it.  It's definitely not a necessity for me, but it may be  a nice luxury add-on, but the lack of a heated hose option is holding me back.

If you have the DSG + humidifier do you find it less than satisfying or more problematic becasue of the lack of a heated hose?  I typically set my Dreamstation heated hose and humidifier settings pretty low, only 1-2 each depending on the seasons.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Go: tubing diameter & humidifier
I'd think a 15 mm hose would have a lower noise level. Smaller diameter still needs to allow airflow like the larger ones and I can see that as a reason for it being noisier.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.