Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Humidifier Issues
RE: Dreamstation Humidifier Issues
I had the same issue. I changed the humidifier from adaptive to fixed and heat at 3 and preheat off. I haven't run out of water since. I use a non heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. Although I have my heated hose off, I think I will swap it for a std hose. Also switch to fixed heat #1, and I'll see how that goes. Pretty much pulling straws at this point but I'll keep plugging along. Thx!
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep trying! I'm confident you'll eventually find a setting that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a question for everybody here with a Dreamstation Go + humidifier.  Does the noise level you hear change when using the humidifier?  Meaning does adding the humidifier changes the noise profile, either increase or decrease (quieter) in noise level, or pitch change?

I have been using Resmed S10 at home and a DS Go when I travel, love both of them.  The Go is slightly noisier than the S10 but I can tolerate that.  I am thinking of using the Go full time but want to add the humidifier to it for winter time and want to know if it gets quieter or noisier after adding the humidifier
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the sound level and/or profile changes a little with and without the humidifier.  On my old Remstart Auto, it was a tiny bit louder as the humidifier created a bit of internal turbulence, I think by design, but the difference was just barely noticeable.  That said, I don't think the difference with or without is considerable in any of the modern machines.  Certainly it's close enough that you'll get used to it after a night or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
I disagree with mrmagloo's statement that all modern machines won't have a noticable difference.

My DreamStation (not the Go) is horrifically loud without the humidifier. It's so much louder that I can't sleep with it without the humidifier. There have been many comments to this effect regarding the DreamStation over the last several years.

I do not know how the DreamStation Go is, though. That would be worth starting another thread for that topic, or doing a search for that info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Naturally, I have not tried every machine combination on the planet, but the 3 machines I do have on hand - including the Dreamstation Auto, are very close to the same sound level with and without the humidifier.

As a matter of fact, I just took out my sound meter and did some tests with and without the humidifier, and the sound emitting from the hose itself and mask (P10) was higher than the machine OR humidifier in any combination, so the actual db level measured was exactly the same, and naturally varied with each inhale/exhale cycle. This is with the meter 6 inches from the machine. Keep in mind too, the P10 is a very quiet mask too, the quietest I have.

I will say that to my ears, the machine without the humidifier sounded slightly quieter, but again the loudest noise by far was coming from the hose and mask.

I'm quite surprised you are reporting otherwise, as I do not see the same at all. Do keep in mind, my replacement machine is brand new few few days ago, but even my last one that was 6 months old performed the same sound-wise.

Interesting observation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mr Mrmagloo,

Are you talking about the regular DreamStation or the Dreamstation Go when you reply to my post? I am asking specifically regarding the DS Go noise level (maybe I should specify a little more, I am asking about the noise level of the DS Go with or without the humidifier from the user's point of view (or hearing). I know this is subjective but I am hoping to find out if using the same hose/mask combination if the noise you hear while inhale/exhale, if there is a difference between using the GO with or without humidifier)

As suggested, I am going to start a new thread, I believe this will be of interest to many new user or anyone contemplating getting the DS Go. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for starting a different thread, as this really has no bearing on the OP, and will get lost. But to answer your last question, as mentioned in both of my replies, I am currently using a Dreamstation Auto not the Go. I have been sharing my experiences with the 3 machines I have in hand right now. The Dreamstation Auto, the Remstar Auto, and the Remstar Pro. My last post was more directed towards Hydrangel as her report was considerable different than what I am seeing. Yes, this is a very subjective discussion as everyone hears differently, and no doubt, tone at the same sound level will no doubt have an impact too. And, I do believe that each machine is going to be different as well, so I don't think there is a one size fit all answer. Hopefully some Go owners will reply to your thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I started a new thread
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 53 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 187 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 157 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.