Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Humidifier Question
I did "fixed" with level 5 (5 was what was pre-input from the clinician). I preheated it... heard/saw nothing, so assumed it didn't work... but then I felt the bottom of the humidifier and it was warm (such that I worried it might damage my wooden nightstand)... so I assume it did work.

The air was the same temp as the previous night, so no change on the temp (perhaps heated hoses *are* the solution).

Aaaaand I got rained out all night long. Weird flapping sound in the tube somehow. Mask was half-filled with water when I removed it after 3.5 hours of sleep.

I didn't know what to do about the rainout in the middle of the night. So I just removed the whole thing and slept without it.

I guess I'll go back to adaptive.

Maybe I'll sew a cover for my tube, to help it retain a tad bit of the warmth from the humidifier.
1st time that I experienced a rainout. Middle of the night i had water in the mask when I scratched and water leaked out. I had set it at 3. The tube was wet inside so decided to hang everything to dry. Think I'll drop it to 1-2 or adaptive. AHI number was good 0.56. If the high humidity helped with keeping the nasal passages in check i might just break out the heated tube from the packaging.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] DreamStation Data Download CurtRug 3 40 26 minutes ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Septoplasty with APAP and humidifier? alisa 7 179 01-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Reset Dreamstation Pro's Auto function without losing data? Russatrice 4 142 01-18-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Water Changing in H5i Heated Humidifier ppca 4 135 01-18-2017, 01:47 AM
Last Post: ppca
  Dreamstation Auto User Need Advice Etchris 10 462 01-17-2017, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to ulock Ramp setting on dreamstation wdriver 3 193 01-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Last Post: wdriver
  [Equipment] Disconcerting pressure pulses between breaths on Dreamstation Pro Johnbrooking 23 565 01-15-2017, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Johnbrooking