Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Humidifier Question
(03-19-2017, 11:53 AM)JT01 Wrote: I cannot understand why if machine is set to adaptive there are still adjustable  humidifier & heat settings

The adaptive refers to the pressures. Humidity and heat are mainly comfort settings. I use humidity and heat as it helps keep my lungs from drying out over night and exacerbating my asthma.

Please organize your SleeyHead screenshots like this.
I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The fixed mode keeps a constant heat on the humidifier plate. Under certain conditions the fixed setting can allow condensation in the hose causing rain out. The adaptive mode adapts the heat applied to the humidifier plate to the surrounding conditions in order to prevent condensation. The humidity settings, 0-5, allow the level of humidity to be selected in either mode. The adaptive mode works very well for me, especially when using a heated hose.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
I have always used manual settings. They result in generally higher humidity than the automatic or adaptive settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

I switched it to manual for one night. The rainout experience made me decide to never put it on manual again!

So adaptive is where it's at for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is what happens to me, Hydrangea. It works best for me if I put my machine in adaptive mode with a setting of 2 or 3, depending on the season. If I use a setting over 2 in the cooling season my tank will run dry every once in a while. I'm able to run a setting of 3 during the heating season unless a cold front drives the ambient humidity down.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Voltage Issue on Dreamstation? jhick09 6 75 50 minutes ago
Last Post: jhick09
  PRS1 760 Auto BiPAP Humidifier holden4th 3 107 03-14-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10 scottlink96 46 7,044 03-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Newbie DreamStation Auto BiPAP with humidifier and heated tube DSX700T11 que0x 7 444 03-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: TomKriek
  Dreamstation vs ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet, I got to try both here's my thoughts Moonlight Graham 10 886 03-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Last Post: C0mbe
  Dreamstation auto-trial mode jacl 30 1,004 03-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Last Post: jacl
  Copy data from internal storage to SD card on Dreamstation bketchel 5 179 03-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred