Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Pulsing pressure
Greetings all!  Glad to be a new member.  My relatively new, < year, Respironics Dreamstation has awaken me a couple times with rapidly repeated "puffs" of air.  I am sure there is a reason for this but can't figure out what is happening.  Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's part of the respironics algorithm.  One of the downsides of PR machines.
They are good machines none the less.

You would be able to see these pulses if you download and import data from the SD card to SleepyHead

It would be useful to know which model dreamstation you have. CPAP Pro, Auto ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt the machine was doing repeated puffs because you were breathing fine.  It was probably intending to do what it did - wake you up.

Good luck as you grow accustomed to CPAP and hopefully see Sleepyhead or other software output.  You may be able to tell what specifically drove the machine to do puffing.

By the way, Respironics is also known for slightly increasing pressure every 10 minutes and then returning to the baseline pressure.  That is very gradual, though, and not at all like rapid puffing.  Example:

[Image: 2eYyMHc.png]

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks for the input.  My machine is an Auto.
Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New ASV Dreamstation help chicken 6 171 Yesterday, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  x1, x2, x3... Mask Type Quick Reference? [Dreamstation] Sheepish 4 166 10-20-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Autoset 90 percentile pressure vs. Titration study pressure CDNHoser 12 250 10-19-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Help with comfort settings Phillips DreamStation Annie66 7 251 10-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  Pressure at altitude vs. pressure at lower elevations...? S.L. Ping Beauty 19 290 10-17-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Noisy DreamStation BandMom 46 14,222 10-15-2017, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Cbarrios
  Dreamstation heated hose temp repair fix Corvette817 11 425 10-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider