Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Pulsing pressure
Dreamstation Pulsing pressure
Greetings all!  Glad to be a new member.  My relatively new, < year, Respironics Dreamstation has awaken me a couple times with rapidly repeated "puffs" of air.  I am sure there is a reason for this but can't figure out what is happening.  Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Pulsing pressure
It's part of the respironics algorithm.  One of the downsides of PR machines.
They are good machines none the less.

You would be able to see these pulses if you download and import data from the SD card to #Sleepyhead

It would be useful to know which model dreamstation you have. CPAP Pro, Auto ?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt the machine was doing repeated puffs because you were breathing fine.  It was probably intending to do what it did - wake you up.

Good luck as you grow accustomed to CPAP and hopefully see Sleepyhead or other software output.  You may be able to tell what specifically drove the machine to do puffing.

By the way, Respironics is also known for slightly increasing pressure every 10 minutes and then returning to the baseline pressure.  That is very gradual, though, and not at all like rapid puffing.  Example:

[Image: 2eYyMHc.png]

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input.  My machine is an Auto.
Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,299 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  RESMED F30i Mask causing pulsing on exhale HULK 1 582 09-21-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Mask 'Pulsing/Jumping' - Plus leakage issues Jake B 4 3,205 09-21-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: HULK
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Dreamstation 2 Constant Pressure Setup gonzalo 1 496 07-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.