Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation. Questions and How to tell if it's an Autoset
Dreamstation. Questions and How to tell if it's an Autoset
I may be pushed into a Dreamstation. I have several questions. Are the all autoset capable? If not how can I tell? Is it easy to travel with if no humidifier? How durable is this? Is it less expensive for supplies and chambers than an s10? Is the Dreamstaion with humidifier more expensive than an s10? Expected life of a Dream verses an S10. Any comment would help. I really thought an s10 auto would be better.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation. Questions and How to tell if it's an Autoset
Model number should be DSX500 for the auto model. Here in Canada, the Dreamstation Auto is typically a bit cheaper than the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or for her model which has one more mode for the same price as the regular model.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hellodare,

I'm a newbie to cpap... with a DreamStation... what I know:

Model #'s DSX500's are all Auto  (There's 3 different one's, without humidifier, with humidifier and with humidifier and heated tube).

When I looked online... the DreamStation was comparable to the ResMed in price, both ending up around $900 range (or less).  Of course, depending on your insurance, deductible and copay... YMMV.

The DreamStation can be separated from the Humidifier and becomes half the size, looks easy to travel with (only in Carry On to prevent damage).

Supplies, depending on what you need, but as far as masks, filters, etc... It's all going to be about the same... These things have to be changed out periodically/fairly frequently, throughout the year.

Here's a link to another thread with more info from other's on the same topic:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d-Airsense

Happy Hunting!!!
DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to ask, but not trying to pry, why you feel like you are being pushed into a Dreamstation? No doubt that the Dreamstation works well at treating apnea. I use a Dreamstation Auto and the machine works very well therapeutically.

As others have posted, the DSX500 is the Auto model.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
DME wants to sell me one. Probably because of the issue of billing separate for a humidifier. S10 is built in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2018, 07:20 PM)Hellodare Wrote: DME wants to sell me one. Probably because of the issue of billing separate for a humidifier. S10 is built in.

If you are happy with your existing Resmed, wouldn't you be better off with the Airsense 10 Autoset instead?

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2018, 07:20 PM)Hellodare Wrote: DME wants to sell me one. Probably because of the issue of billing separate for a humidifier. S10 is built in.

That seems to be the "go to" machine. I believe the DMEs are getting better wholesale rates on the Dreamstations, but I have no evidence other than online markets consistently are cheaper on Dreamstation products. 

Me and my wife went to the DME recently and the respiratory therapist had a Dreamstation at the ready to setup for the wife. I stopped all the works and specified that the wife wants a Resmed Autoset for Her because "it's a better machine." And it was done. We weren't walking out with a Dreamstation. Wife now has an Autoset for Her.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a link on dealing with DME's. No one can push you to use any machine you don't want. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...with_a_DME
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2018, 07:52 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Here's a link on dealing with DME's. No one can push you to use any machine you don't want. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...with_a_DME

Ditto.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the scoop. Had been in the office several times. S10s on the shelf. S10s on there web site. Billing dept trying to get auth for new machine said they only have Dreamstations. Haven't sold s10s for over a year. Immediately  called the resp dept there  and they said they had them and sold them just about every day. 
  B dept messed aound all week saying could get my doc to put the pressure on the script. Finally did. Took 3 days. I expected to get the machine in 1 week. Now they finally fax request to insurance and there telling me it will take 2 weeks to get an answer. They say no matter how old my machine is they won't just replace it. ^%$:&/&$&/&#'hyyb$##$76 fcbnm^$#.  You can only guess what the last sentence is. 
  So what if I had no machine. Just die to bad??? It a joke. 
 Should get lots of feedback on this one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 11 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 650 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 305 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.