Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Recall Notice (Canada)
Question 
Dreamstation Recall Notice (Canada)
We recently purchased the Dreamstation AutoCpap from DME and have an appt to take it back due to a loud "whooshing" noise that wasn't there with the loaner.

While searching the 'net for possible causes (including here) I came across two websites that advise of a couple of recent recall notices. The first is from Feb/17 from Phillips to dealers for a number of models in Canada (as well as a few other regions). The second is from June/17 from Government of Canada (Recall and Safety Alert).  The issue appears to be :

"Dreamstation modems were configured incorrectly during manufacturing resulting in the modem's inability to function as designed (establish connection and transmit data)."

(sorry I haven't posted the links as I thought I may not be allowed to yet due to "new member" status Unsure )

I suspect this may not be a problem is you are loading the SD card and using software to read your data, but if your DME is downloading and evaluating it could be.

If anyone wants the links let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

Cheers,
L.

I'm not the "sleeper" but I am his messenger
Wave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Recall Notice (Canada)
It's (Canadian) government website, so links are permitted.
http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-ale...2r-eng.php

Dreamstation Cellular Modem

Starting date:
   May 5, 2017
Posting date:
   June 5, 2017
Type of communication:
   Medical Device Recall
Subcategory:
   Medical Device
Hazard classification:
   Type III
Source of recall:
   Health Canada
Issue:
   Medical Devices
Audience:
   Healthcare Professionals, General Public, Hospitals
Identification number:
   RA-63482

Reason
   Affected products

Reason

Dreamstation modems were configured incorrectly during manufacturing resulting in the modem's inability to function as designed (establish connection and transmit data).
Affected products
Dreamstation Cellular Modem
Lot or serial number

All lots
Model or catalog number

100610C
200610C
Companies

Manufacturer
   Respironics Inc.
   1001 Murray Ridge Lane
   Murraysville
   Pennsylvania
   UNITED STATES
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I wasn't really clear on the limits for posting a link.

The letter from Phillips to the Dealers, should I cut and paste that to the forum?  I just want to ensure that people are aware.

Cheers,
L.

I'm not the "sleeper" but I am his messenger. Rolleyes

Wave
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2017, 11:37 AM)lmkt1 Wrote: Thanks I wasn't really clear on the limits for posting a link.

The letter from Phillips to the Dealers, should I cut and paste that to the forum?  I just want to ensure that people are aware.

Yep, go ahead and post the full text of the letter.  Perfectly fine.

For links, the software automatically limits the ability of brand new members (with less than 4 posts) to post links.  If you like, you can "break" the link to fool the software (put a space or two in the web address where it says http and www).  This workaround is fine as long as the link is permitted (and links to government sites or CPAP manufacturer sites are fine).

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
If it will permit you to. If it will not, then push it up to imgur and PM a link to me. I will insert it as an image.
Thanks for the good info. I'm sure some folks here will find it helpful.

And: Welcome Welcome to ApneaBoard.

Kind Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I will give it a try.

Wave
Post Reply Post Reply
It wouldn't let me copy the letter and I haven't figured out how to do an attachment yet.... going to try to reach 4 posts so I can put up the link... Unsure

Wave
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2017, 12:16 PM)lmkt1 Wrote: It wouldn't let me copy the letter and I haven't figured out how to do an attachment yet.... going to try to reach 4 posts so I can put up the link... Unsure

Apparently still not allowed to post url despite having 4 posts,  Oh-jeez

Have to leave for now, but when I get back I'll give it another try. Later all!

L.

Wave
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's try this again:

http://www.medigas.com/na/ca/mg/en/medig...1+(EN).pdf

Wave
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2017, 04:57 PM)lmkt1 Wrote: Let's try this again:

http://www.medigas.com/na/ca/mg/en/medig...1+(EN).pdf

That worked.  Thanks!   Coffee

The reason you couldn't copy and paste is that the PDF file is a image scan of the letter, not a "normal" PDF file.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,054 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,095 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Equipment] Mask recall? rltarbu 8 463 01-28-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad Dreamstation Recall Replacement issues jimbob123 4 460 01-18-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New DS2 from recall, what about old DS? NoSnoreDave 10 1,541 01-09-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: jtmAZ
  Phillips Recall Question... jonesresidence 9 598 01-08-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed F30i recall (for warnings about magnets) NelsonM 7 987 12-27-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: alpharomeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.