Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation SD Card
Dreamstation SD Card
I've had my DS for a month now and the way my DME provider verifies compliance for insurance is to send me a new SD every month.  I think it's ridiculous and antiquated, but whatever.  Anyway, when I put my new SD card in yesterday, my settings were reset.  I realized it when I put my Dreamwear on and I couldn't figure out why I was gasping for breath...lol.  My pressure was at 4!  Is there a file or a folder I can copy off of the old card to save my settings or does anyone have any recommendations?
Ryan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation SD Card
If you still have the old SD card, you just need to copy the old folder name P-Series and overwrite in into the new SD card. To change the pressure just press the dial button with the right top button simultaneously until you see a new menu screen. Go into the "Therapy" menu and edit the pressure from there. In any case, you do not need to change the SD card every month. The importance is the data and not the physical SD card. Just keep it as a spare.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need to copy the settings from the old card. Instead, get a copy of the clinician's manual by clicking on the CPAP Setup Manuals at the top of the webpage. It gives instructions for changing the settings manually. Also, the DME office can lock the settings on the SD card, which can prevent you from making changes to the settings. You can erase the unwanted settings from the SD card by using your computer to reformat the SD card, of course after downloading the data from the SD card to Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just copy the complete contents of your old card to the new one. You could then send back the new card to them and keep using the old one. I would also recommend you keep a backup of the SD card on your computer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do they lock the settings with a SD card? I thought the card only records data?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah I see, you need to send the SD card back to your DME. In which case, Crimson's advice is correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2017, 09:30 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: How do they lock the settings with a SD card? I thought the card only records data?

Encore can be used to set new settings on the machine. As long as the SD card with the new settings is in the slot, any settings set with Encore cannot be changed in the clinician's menu.
ResScan can be used to set new settings on ResMed machines the same way, but it does not lock them, and they can still be changed in the clinician's menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can only speak from the view of a Resmed.  The SD card has a settings file that contains the parameters for the CPAP.  I know you can modify the settings using the Resmed's analytical software, ResScan.  I would willing to bet that Encore Pro has the same capability for P-R machines.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks ya'll.  I didn't expect to get many replies this quick.

Yes, I have to send the old card back.

I know how to change the settings back to what I had.  When I got the machine, the tech literally gave it to me right out of the box without changing a thing.  So, I've been changing the settings every few days when I got the machine to figure out what works for me.  That's why I was frustrated because it took me so long to get the settings right.

I'll look at the encore software and maybe in the meantime, I might copy the P-Series folder and see how that works.

Is this what most DME's do to verify compliance or is my DME "Bassakwards?"   Big Grin
Ryan
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Dreamstaion and my compliance was via a phone modem in the machine . And I'm still on my original CD card. Just recently set up sleepyhead and had all the information from over a year transferred with no problems.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 2 SD card size? MontanaGoat 2 681 08-18-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: MontanaGoat
  [Equipment] What format for SD Card for Dreamstation 2 ttfespe 9 5,965 02-13-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 923 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,714 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,534 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  How to get Oscar data from Dreamstation without SD Card SnoreFreeIWish 1 996 07-12-2022, 02:25 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 not writing data to SD card pjstout 3 2,591 06-29-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.