Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation - Secret function??
RE: Dreamstation - Secret function??
(11-02-2017, 07:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 07:44 PM)Kryogen Wrote: how do you upgrade software?

By buying a Resmed.

Hmmm.....sounds like a sales rep has joined us...welcome sales rep.   Laugh-a-lot

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation - Secret function??
(11-01-2017, 10:15 PM)ozcedric Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 07:39 PM)pupcamper Wrote: Just don’t try the auto stop function to keep the light from coming on when getting up for a potty break. Apparently my wife would rather have the light come on when I shut the machine off manually than having a gale blowing in her ear before the machine finally shuts itself off after what she described as an enternity. And, the icing on the cake? The idiot machine lit the display to tell me it had shut off automatically?  Dont-know

auto start on the DS is no secret, i use it every night.
good feature with no light to disturb the wife.

as for the auto stop, never got it to shut down automatically, even after leaving it blowing for a few minutes.
machine is only 3 months old

The auto start on my DreamStation works well but, as others say, auto stop is useless. I personally don't mind a little light when getting up during the night but you could just jay a sock on the machine so it covers the light. My wife is never aware of the light unless she happens to be already awake. The only thing recently that I couldn't sleep through was the direct lightning hit on the house next door.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 2,014 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 766 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni
  Dreamstation 1 APAP Function Not Working? gary w 4 550 10-12-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: gary w
  Reliability of ResMed Mask Fit Function? cmpman1974 10 828 03-03-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  CPAP function question - basic stuff... Mandrake 11 1,218 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Mandrake
Question Please Help : about the MyAir function vicky sung 3 541 01-02-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,753 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.