Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation - Secret function??
RE: Dreamstation - Secret function??
(11-01-2017, 06:32 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I have the same machine, except it is brand new, using the Smart Start as they call it here, it now lights up as soon as you turn on the machine, then reads the data card and prepares to start as soon as it loads the data, then it starts and the light starts to dim and go out.
The light is a bit bright, and I can see no way of turning it off, very bright in a darkened room!
Or am I missing something?
As soon as power is turned on it lights up.
Do you all leave the machine powered up all the time?

Yes, if you start with the button, the light goes on.  If your software is not 1.1.1, you get the same level of light, irrespective of the ambient light in the room.  With 1.1.1, if the room is dark, you get dimmed light.

There is no on/off switch on the dreamstation...it is always on but using very little power, waiting to be woken up (unless, of course, you uplug it or have it on a switchable outlet).  Assuming it's in it's low power state, the suggestion is to just put the mask on and start to breathe....the dreamstation has auto on/off and by just starting to breathe you will trigger the auto on function without turning on the dial light.  Apparently, if you take the mask off, the dreamstation will also automatically turn itself off...but it takes a minute or more of loud blowing through the mask until it decides that it should turn off....

It turns out it's not a secret function....it's just that no one explained it to me...but it's a standard part of the dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2017, 04:39 PM)chill Wrote: It is called auto-start (or is that the Resmed name?) and is enabled/disabled in the Clinicians' menu.  I use this too for the same reason  It is much less user friendly than the Resmed version.  Trying it with a full face mask is, to quote some previous poster, like trying to suck start a lawnmower.

ResMed calls it Smart Start on my AirCurve 10 ASV. I'd assume other model 10 ResMed's would be the same. As for the DreamStation, I don't remember from when I had the DreamStation Auto BiPAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2017, 06:54 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: There might be a secret function.  But I don't know what it is. It's a secret.   Unsure

Well I know what it is, but I can't tell.  Tongue I'm going to get the new coffee making feature supplied right through my F20 FFM, comes packaged with a straw for convenient consumption.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. G'night y'all.

Dave B
Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
how do you upgrade software?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 07:44 PM)Kryogen Wrote: how do you upgrade software?

By buying a Resmed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 07:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:

By buying a Resmed.

Didn't work for me. My 2014 AirSense 10 AutoSet still doesn't report RERAs or do any of the things the newest (same model #) ones do.

They did upgrade the humidifier software version, as far as I can tell, though.

And I like the ResMed algorithm better, so I'll keep it...

Maybe SleepRider does  own stock?  J/K, of course, as he was (I think...)
Post Reply Post Reply
Lolabove

Indeed kidding, and I have no financial interest. I do however live in Murrysville, PA and should have some local pride in the local product. IMO, the Respironics algorithm has not made any progress since being purchased by Philips, and it doesn't take acute observation skill to see the have been surpassed by a wide margin.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2017, 11:03 PM)ghstudio Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 06:32 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I have the same machine, except it is brand new, using the Smart Start as they call it here, it now lights up as soon as you turn on the machine, then reads the data card and prepares to start as soon as it loads the data, then it starts and the light starts to dim and go out.
The light is a bit bright, and I can see no way of turning it off, very bright in a darkened room!
Or am I missing something?
As soon as power is turned on it lights up.
Do you all leave the machine powered up all the time?

Yes, if you start with the button, the light goes on.  If your software is not 1.1.1, you get the same level of light, irrespective of the ambient light in the room.  With 1.1.1, if the room is dark, you get dimmed light.

There is no on/off switch on the dreamstation...it is always on but using very little power, waiting to be woken up (unless, of course, you uplug it or have it on a switchable outlet).  Assuming it's in it's low power state, the suggestion is to just put the mask on and start to breathe....the dreamstation has auto on/off and by just starting to breathe you will trigger the auto on function without turning on the dial light.  Apparently, if you take the mask off, the dreamstation will also automatically turn itself off...but it takes a minute or more of loud blowing through the mask until it decides that it should turn off....

It turns out it's not a secret function....it's just that no one explained it to me...but it's a standard part of the dreamstation.

Ok, got it now.  I did have a look, but it was late here and I got moaned at for making a noise as she was half asleep.
However, I am not keeping it, but this is useful information.  Thank you for you replies.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ghstudio,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

To answer your question, go the the “Private Files and Links Forum.”
You will find the upgrade for the DS there.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 2,024 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 773 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni
  Dreamstation 1 APAP Function Not Working? gary w 4 556 10-12-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: gary w
  Reliability of ResMed Mask Fit Function? cmpman1974 10 831 03-03-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  CPAP function question - basic stuff... Mandrake 11 1,220 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Mandrake
Question Please Help : about the MyAir function vicky sung 3 543 01-02-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,758 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.