Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Tidal Volume
RE: Dreamstation Tidal Volume
The right machine would need to be determined by what symptoms you're trying to address. I would point to ResMed branded machines as these are better able to address apnea events. Feedback of users typically say the ResMed is more comfortable as well. Now an example of symptoms matching a machine: if you have Predominant/Pre-existing Central or Mixed Apnea, you will need to get the ASV such as the one I have.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
on VAuto if you go to clinicians menu and then to sleep report and then rotate the knob there are 3 'real time' data menus one of which shows tidal volume. As for setting a specific value I think only iVAPS and ASV can do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no setting for tidal volume in an ASV it’s all automatic based on 3min rolling averages
Post Reply Post Reply
The only machines with set tidal volume or minute vent targets are the Philips Respironics BiPAP ST AVAPS or the Resmed Aircurve 10 ST-A with iVAPS (intelligent volume assured pressure support). By far the better results I have seen was with Resmed. These machines are intended for people that need non-invasive ventilation pressure support to maintain respiratory volume and /or pace (BPM). They are an evolutionary progression over the ST machines that used fixed pressure support. These much more sophisticated machines maintain respiratory volume on a breath by breath basis and vary the pressure support to allow for both spontaneous and assisted ventilation.

ASV is a related technology, but intended to meed a moving target of minute vent or tidal volume, and is primarily for central and complex apnea and variable breathing (CSR). These are great machines for the right people, however where an individual does not spontaneously maintain their tidal volume, the machine can slowly reduce the target rate as the target rate slowly diminishes using the built in algorithm described above by Jaswilliams.

Without more information on what you are trying to treat or accomplish...
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for this very valuable information. I will obtain a Resmed Aircurve 10 ST-A with IVAPS.
This should be exactly the tool I require to manage atrial tachycardia caused by deficiencies in tidal volume. I used my science skills to carefully study my tachycardia challenge that only occurs when sleeping or during very high stress. The parallel is that my body equates diminished tidal flow with personal treat = stress. I verified the correlation between tidal flow and stress induced tachycardia by alleviating the condition with several minutes of deep breathing when I awake night with the condition.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think increasing the min pressure support may increase the tidal volume to some degree.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 147 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Tidal Volume Acceptable Range trance 12 3,426 03-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 463 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
  High Tidal Volume Bartman66 4 407 01-16-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tidal Volume ak996 4 440 12-12-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.