Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Tidal Volume
Dreamstation Tidal Volume
Is there a way to get fixed Tidal Volume out of Dreamstation? If not,  is there any machine that does?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Tidal Volume
The newer Dreamstation produces tidal volume in OSCAR, however if you can change to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, the data and results are far more reliable. Your profile indicates no software and 20 cm pressure. I hope neither is true.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My BiPAP is  a Phillips Respironics Auto SV H/HC/C DS
I am not using 20cm of pressure.
I want software so I can look at the reports; I don't have anything that works for this model. I need to know how to control the Tidal Volume.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR 1.1.0, just released
Post Reply Post Reply
That helps! The just released OSCAR 1.1.0 supports your machine. You might also want to join the Oscar Beta Test Group, which will let you interact with the developers to further make the software properly display your machine's data. You may be asked for a copy of your SD card that will be used anonymously to help build the OSCAR database and data loaders. Not sure if you are using a Philps Respironics System One Auto SV Advanced, or Dreamstation Auto SV, but the current version of OSCAR fully covers it.

Contact member "bonjour" by PM. He is the OSCAR project manager (he just posted above). He will add you to the Beta test group and you will have access to the latests software and can work with the developers to make it perfect. Meanwhile with the data, we can help you to optimize settings and get the most from your machine. How long have you had this AutoSV?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll try that updated version.

How can I set the Dreamstation unit I have to deliver defined tidal volume of - for example 800 CC?
Post Reply Post Reply
Tidal Volume is measured in m and minute vent in L/min. I'll be honest, I still don't know what machine you ar eusing. I had assuemd the Philips Respironics System One DS960 BiPAP SV Auto Advanced. You are not saying it's a Dreamstation, which is probably a DSX900S11. I'm done guessing. Post a chart.

The main settings on a SV auto Advanced are EPAP min, EPAP max, PS min, PS max, breaths per minute (BPM), time of inspiration (Ti), and a bunch of comfort settings. Without knowing more about where you are at and what we want to accomplish, I'm not going to guess at settings. You can get the clinical manual from the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top of the page, and we can look at your current charts from OSCAR, and with knowledge of your current settings make suggestions to get where you closer to what you may need. All that said, your machine is not going assure a specific tidal volume. That is the role of a machine called the BiPAP AVAPS or the Resmed Aircurve 10 ST-A iVAPS (volume assured pressure support). Your machine mostly addresses central and complex apnea with the goal of a maintainng tidal volume which is detected by the algorithm, not a setting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
The machine I'm using is a DSX900T11C
Post Reply Post Reply
My Google search has this device as a Respironics DreamStation AutoSV. I saw a titration protocol PDF which does not mention setting the tidal volume. This makes me think it is not a setting parameter you will be able to adjust. See page 14 of the PDF.

http://incenter.medical.philips.com/docl...%3D9792335
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your candid assessment. I will move on to one of the machines you suggested. Is one better than the others for overall performance?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 113 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Tidal Volume Acceptable Range trance 12 3,433 03-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 466 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
  High Tidal Volume Bartman66 4 409 01-16-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tidal Volume ak996 4 442 12-12-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.