Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation-Where are the Settings for Mask Type
I can't find the settings like on the Autosense 10 for type of mask - pillows/nasal/full face - does anyone know where those are?

Thank you for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I understand the "X" settings are used on a P-R machine in place of the Resmed settings that you are quoting.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bluemom51,

I think the mask settings on respironics machines only apply to their own brand of masks. If you are using another brand, those settings don’t apply.
I hope this makes sense to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

See below. Go to My Setup and choose Mask Type. For example: Dreamwear will be X1. Nuance Pro will be X2. Again this is only relevant to Respironics masks. For other makes, this setting should be set to off.

[Image: OgLb3Csl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
As Trish said, the mask settings on the Dreamstation are only for their own brand masks... setting it when using other brand masks can give false numbers in the overall data.

For all other brands set the mask type to "OFF"

st8800 has shown you the menu steps to get to the mask settings so you can make sure it is set to OFF if you are not using a Philips Respironics brand mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Phillips Respironics recommends the mask resistance be set to off if not using their brand mask.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation Auto BiPAP vs DreamStation Auto BiPAP Pro mraroid 2 31 1 hour ago
Last Post: mraroid
  2nd DreamStation with a Whistle? Should I get a different brand? Raven87 29 1,036 07-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Raven87
  Dreamstation SD Card rouxster 11 311 07-21-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: rouxster
  Dreamstation-Logic Question bluemom51 5 173 07-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Last Post: DavePaulson
  DC power for Dreamstation? OMyMyOHellYes 1 141 07-19-2017, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed Mini vs Dreamstation Go SingerWang 5 834 07-19-2017, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Samelia
  Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10 scottlink96 59 10,867 07-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Last Post: ateeluck