Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Events per hour?
RE: Events per hour?
First that site that Dave mentioned does not contain a definition of eph,secound my Mach list events per hour,which dies not fit any that you listed,if I knew how to ask better questions I would ,maybe after I get more experience I will be able to ask better questions,and I will ck back with you then,for now I will delete this site and try elsewhere.I know when y'all read this you will say of all the nerve,I think y'all think newbies have more experience than they or we actually have,thanks again,see you down the road.
Post Reply Post Reply
12guage,
It can be a daunting task to learn all the terms and acronyms.  To help, I have listed 2 links that provide definitions for acronyms and terminology.
Acronyms:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
Terminology: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...efinitions

In addition, the Wiki (link at the top of every page) provides much information.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And if you're still reading I would not worry about the events per hour, even without them, your AHI is too high to consider you successfully treated. Everybody here just helps out for the sake of helping, nobody gets paid. When we say we don't know why the numbers are different we really don't. It seems from the tenor of your questions that you are being unappreciative of the effort people are making to help, this could be wrong on our part. My dad will likely be starting therapy soon, he's about your age. He would not even know how to find help on the internet.
If you want to get the most effective help we need to see what is going on, that is why the emphasis on posting charts. If you could post a SleepyHead chart we could count your events. If you need help with sleepyhead just ask.
If you continue to have an AHI of over five you talk to your care provider.

RERA is an acronym for Respiratory Effort Related Arousal although they are not of long enough duration to count as an apnea they may still affect your sleep. Your machine does display these in SleepyHead charts. These are not included in the AHI number which only counts the total number of central apneas, obstructive apneas and hypopneas then divides these by time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. I did a Google search and came up with another person asking the same question on this forum 2yrs ago.

The Events per hour and the AHI are different because of how the machine is reporting them. Your Events per Hour is last night, as in right as you turned the machine off. The AHI is done as an average of either that night OR the default of the past 30days.

Go to Sleep Report Menu on the screen. Change the "period" to Day. The two numbers should then be the same the next time you use it.

If you do not have the Clinician Menu for your machine (which gives better information on how to access the various menus), you can request it here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 60 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 145 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 9 220 03-12-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 226 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 725 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  CPAP CA Events brainfoggysleeper 2 207 02-29-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.