Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation and snoring
Dreamstation and snoring
I noticed on Sleepyhead that the snores recorded were matching up to talking to the wife.  Of course the pressure goes up due to snoring.
I could just ignore my wife and p*** her off or I can live with the added pressure. I'll take the pressure.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation and snoring
a smart man
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it the VS or VS2 that is scored most often?

Thanks.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
VS2 mostly. The VS does show up at the same time just not as often. I'm just a Newby but I'm guessing the Dreamstation can't tell the difference between talking,  talking in your sleep, moaning, groaning, and finally snoring. My wife told me I don't snore when on the machine. In this case I think the human ear is a better sensor.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct. There are no microphones in the machine. Trust your wife and her ears.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, the PR machines score a lot of VS2s, which do NOT increase the pressure by the way, for all kinds of reasons.

On another forum there's a user who said that whenever her pugs were in bed with her, the number of VS2s skyrocketed. When the pugs weren't in the bed, no VS2s.

VS2s seem to be scored whenever there's any kind of vibrations in the hose beyond what is expected with normal inhalation/exhalations.

What the difference between VS and VS2 snores are is anybody's guess. I've searched off and on for years to find some kind of info from PR about this difference and never found anything.

Oddly: Encore Basic and Encore Pro both report information about VS2s in the standard "daily detailed data", but does NOT report information about VSs. Indeed, VS snores are only recorded if the machine is running in Auto mode and even then, they are only reported in the actual flow rate graph rather than the standard "daily detailed data."

Also worth noting: The way the VS2 data is presented in Encore Basic and Encore Plus is very, very different than the way SleepyHead reports that data.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
So does a real snore actually show up in the data? And how can we know when something in the data is a true snore?
Post Reply Post Reply
If a tree falls down and nobody is there to hear it does it make a sound?
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,734 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,693 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 972 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 1,050 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 558 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Low O2 and Snoring Bigdonpaul 44 2,511 04-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Bigdonpaul
  For Hypopneas, RERAs/snoring-IPAP increase/PS what is to much/effects ? KeepSmiling 1 803 11-06-2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.