Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation auto on?
Dreamstation auto on?
I noticed a few times that I put on my mask, the machine would automatically come on after a few breaths. Other times it doesnt do this and I have to press the power button and get blinded by the light.

Is there a setting somewhere?

I have the latest Dreamstation model.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation auto on?
Yes -- but it's obviously set to autostart already.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It take several good deep breaths to activate the Respironics autostart function. Relatively speaking, Resmed activates with the first breath. The bright light has a very high tech solution...electric or duct tape.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi achancesw,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy,
hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I see the same thing with my Dreamstation. Sometimes the autostart works, sometimes not. I haven't figured out the breathing pattern that triggers it. When it autostarts, it doesn't turn on the display.
Post Reply Post Reply
On some masks, you can get your finger to cover or partially cover the vents.
Try that to initiate autostart. Naturally, do not block the vent during use.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
All of the posters have given all the best solutions to your question. I rotate through a couple of masks fairly often and each offers a slightly different response time to the auto start. Most because of fit and small leaks. Some masks as Mongo suggested requires me to hold my finger over the exhaust for a couple of breaths. The best response is patience. Sleep tight.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the replies
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,000 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  switched from Dreamstation to Luna II Auto wstalcup 0 505 06-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: wstalcup
  Optimizing Dreamstation Auto mnemon81 16 1,247 03-26-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.