Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation auto-trial mode
Dreamstation auto-trial mode
Hi everyone I am starting this thread in the hope of finding out about the auto trial mode for the dreamstation cpap pro.I dont seem to have this on my machine.I have tried to find it in the clinician mode as well as the patient mode to no avail. My question is do they all have it or did I get a dud Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation auto-trial mode
Have you requested a setup manual and reviewed it? If no, the link is at the top of the page.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
SuperSleeper just got new manuals that apply to your machine. Follow the directions at the top of the page at CPAP Setup Manuals, and you can get one emailed to you. The Auto Trial mode should be under the clinical settings, Mode setting. You can set a minimum and maximum auto trial pressure, and it will determine your 90% pressure, which is what you want for the fixed CPAP pressure. The DreamStation Pro features an auto-trial mode which can be used for up to 30 days. During this period, the machine will function as an auto-adjusting machine that will automatically adjust pressure during the night to provide optimum pressure on a breath-by-breath basis. After the auto-trial is complete, the machine will provide the pressure the user was at or below 90 percent of the time. Please Note: This is not an auto-adjusting machine. Once auto-trial is complete, the machine will not adjust pressure during the night.

A member posted the other day that he thought he saw a way to reset the auto trial mode for additional 30 day periods. Perhaps he wlll post here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2017, 07:42 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: SuperSleeper just got new manuals that apply to your machine. Follow the directions at the top of the page at CPAP Setup Manuals, and you can get one emailed to you.  The Auto Trial mode should be under the clinical settings, Mode setting.  You can set a minimum and maximum auto trial pressure, and it will determine your 90% pressure, which is what you want for the fixed CPAP pressure. The DreamStation Pro features an auto-trial mode which can be used for up to 30 days. During this period, the machine will function as an auto-adjusting machine that will automatically adjust pressure during the night to provide optimum pressure on a breath-by-breath basis. After the auto-trial is complete, the machine will provide the pressure the user was at or below 90 percent of the time. Please Note: This is not an auto-adjusting machine. Once auto-trial is complete, the machine will not adjust pressure during the night.

A member posted the other day that he thought he saw a way to reset the auto trial mode for additional 30 day periods. Perhaps he wlll post here.

thankyou I have looked again but no auto trial. Hoping the new manual will give up its secrets
Post Reply Post Reply
Dont-know Unsure  Everything tells me I should have this function but I dont
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2017, 08:27 PM)jacl Wrote:
(02-25-2017, 07:42 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: SuperSleeper just got new manuals that apply to your machine. Follow the directions at the top of the page at CPAP Setup Manuals, and you can get one emailed to you.  The Auto Trial mode should be under the clinical settings, Mode setting.  You can set a minimum and maximum auto trial pressure, and it will determine your 90% pressure, which is what you want for the fixed CPAP pressure. The DreamStation Pro features an auto-trial mode which can be used for up to 30 days. During this period, the machine will function as an auto-adjusting machine that will automatically adjust pressure during the night to provide optimum pressure on a breath-by-breath basis. After the auto-trial is complete, the machine will provide the pressure the user was at or below 90 percent of the time. Please Note: This is not an auto-adjusting machine. Once auto-trial is complete, the machine will not adjust pressure during the night.

thankyou I have looked again but no auto trial. Hoping the new manual will give up its secrets

Hello, jacl. Welcome to the board.

On my DreamStationCPAP Pro I go to the Therapy menu in the Clinician's Mode screen. The A-trial button should be the second button on the left in the top row. If it is not there, you may want to check the CPAP button and see if it is listed as an option there. The sample menu shown for the Therapy settings in the clinician's manual does not look like the menu I have on my machine so it may be in one of the sub-menus in the Therapy menu.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2017, 09:12 PM)pupcamper Wrote: Hello, jacl. Welcome to the board.

On my DreamStationCPAP Pro I go to the Therapy menu in the Clinician's Mode screen. The A-trial button should be the second button on the left in the top row. If it is not there, you may want to check the CPAP button and see if it is listed as an option there. The sample menu shown for the Therapy settings in the clinician's manual does not look like the menu I have on my machine so it may be in one of the sub-menus in the Therapy menu.

thanks for the welcome,
I have looked again and my therapy screen only shows cpap(which has cpap check in sub folder), easy start and pressure. I am starting to think my DME has removed it or my machine is not what it says it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just for chuckles, how about powering your machine down and then powering it back on after a few seconds. A flash screen that shows what model it is should appear as it is rebooting.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
cpap pro, Maybe its an Aussie version and they dont give us the function.It wouldnt be the first time we dont get what we pay for Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
There are several members from Australia. Maybe one with a cpap pro can shed some light on the situation.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,157 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 229 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 222 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 561 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 443 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 370 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 652 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.