Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation auto-trial mode
RE: Dreamstation auto-trial mode
(02-25-2017, 10:53 PM)pupcamper Wrote: There are several members from Australia. Maybe one with a cpap pro can shed some light on the situation.

cheers for the help
Post Reply Post Reply
Jacl, press the My Provider button and see if it also says Dreamstation Pro under "model." Should be the second line under the Serial number. If so, I suggest you request a different machine!

The option for Auto Trial should be exactly where Pupcamper described it, otherwise the machine would be a CPAP only, not the Pro version. So if you ordered and paid for a Pro they better give you that. Better yet, get the Auto Version if you exchange it anyways. However you can run the Dreamstation Pro in Auto mode pretty much continually (once you do find it...). It resets itself to fixed pressure when the 30 days (or whatever amount of days you choose) are up. Once it does that, you can simply set it to another 30 days of A-trial. I'm running mine this way, that is why my profile shows Dreamstation Pro and pressure settings 8-11.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2017, 11:10 PM)Russatrice Wrote: Jacl, press the My Provider button and see if it also says Dreamstation Pro under "model." Should be the second line under the Serial number. If so, I suggest you request a different machine!

The option for Auto Trial should be exactly where Pupcamper described it, otherwise the machine would be a CPAP only, not the Pro version. So if you ordered and paid for a Pro they better give you that. Better yet, get the Auto Version if you exchange it anyways. However you can run the Dreamstation Pro in Auto mode pretty much continually (once you do find it...). It resets itself to fixed pressure when the 30 days (or whatever amount of days you choose) are up. Once it does that, you can simply set it to another 30 days of A-trial. I'm running mine this way, that is why my profile shows Dreamstation Pro and  pressure settings 8-11.

thankyou I have checked it all and it seems I must have the cpap only, I dont know if it can be loaded with incorrect firmware or not but would like to know if others have this problem 
Cheers
Sorry, It says its a pro but still no auto trial
Post Reply Post Reply
I dont know if this is how you do it but here go's
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Jacl. The tendency here in Australia is to recommend a straight CPAP pressure for treatment and this usually means that the provider will only give you a CPAP machine. They are bound by the terms of the initial prescription. This is what happened to me when I started with a rental. The first rental was actually an F&P Icon+ which was an auto machine but this was an oversight on the part of the provider. They had set it to straight CPAP however.

My way around this was to go to my GP and get him to write a prescription for an auto machine. He was very happy to do this and my provider then rented an auto machine to me. I made sure that he specified brand and model.

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2017, 03:20 AM)holden4th Wrote: Hello Jacl. The tendency here in Australia is to recommend a straight CPAP pressure for treatment and this usually means that the provider will only give you a CPAP machine. They are bound by the terms of the initial prescription. This is what happened to me when I started with a rental. The first rental was actually an F&P Icon+ which was an auto machine but this was an oversight on the part of the provider. They had set it to straight CPAP however.

My way around this was to go to my GP and get him to write a prescription for an auto machine. He was very happy to do this and my provider then rented an auto machine to me. I made sure that he specified brand and model.

Good luck

hi holden4th thanks for the info. Do you think that the provider has done the wrong thing in labeling my machine as a dreamstation pro when it doesnt seem to be one 
thanks Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2017, 09:26 PM)jacl Wrote:
(02-25-2017, 09:12 PM)pupcamper Wrote: On my DreamStationCPAP Pro I go to the Therapy menu in the Clinician's Mode screen. The A-trial button should be the second button on the left in the top row. If it is not there, you may want to check the CPAP button and see if it is listed as an option there.

thanks for the welcome,
I have looked again and my therapy screen only shows cpap(which has cpap check in sub folder), easy start and pressure.

Where you see the cpap check, can you turn the dial so that one is highlighted, then press the dial?  It should then allow you to turn the dial to select from some choices.  You should be able to turn the dial through the choices, and then click the button again when the A-trial is showing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2017, 01:29 AM)jacl Wrote: I dont know if this is how you do it but here go's

Glad to see you actually have the Pro and not the basic CPAP Plus model.  You have efficacy data, and it is showing us what we need to know.  The majority of your events are CA (clear airway or central), so perhaps it is best you don't have an auto as that can sometimes make resolving this problem more difficult.  This is usually a sign of some complex apnea.  It's not terribly severe, but with some people, treating obstructive apnea with CPAP results in centrals.  There is also the possibility the machine has improperly categorized the events, and frankly a lot of the events were clustered at the end of the night.

If the results are accurate, my suggestion would be to lower pressure, not increase it.  So, I need to get a sense if this is typical that events are predominately CA and H. If so and if you are willing to try a CPAP pressure of 8.0, and report the results, we should see CA events reduced, or more OA events. It would clear things up either way.  Everything else in your statistics looks pretty good.

Tom
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm beginning to think there may be something to your theory that either the wrong firmware or some other problem is preventing A-Trial from showing up on your CPAP Pro. I went to the Australian Philips website as well as an Australian DME's website. Both included A-Trial as a mode available on the DreamStation CPAP Pro. Since all indications are your machine is supposed to be a CPAP Pro model it may be worthwhile to contact your supplier and see just what is going on.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can see what firmware version you have when you turn on the machine. We have access to the newest Dreamstation firmware at this link. Be sure to read the precautions, but this will update all aspects of your machine. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eamstation
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 247 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 678 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Flow Rate Interpretation and PAP Mode / Pressure Settings Suggestions ABC1234 3 605 10-16-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ABC1234

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.