Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation auto-trial mode
RE: Dreamstation auto-trial mode
Your posted image shows that you do indeed have a Dreamstation Pro but this is what the Therapy screen looks like on a Dreamstation Pro, with A-Trial turned off and with A-trial turned on.

[Image: gFPtU]

[Image: UGd7a]

So much for my picture posting skills....

How about a direct link?

http://imgur.com/a/ioUcW
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a note about A-Trial, I heard from a sleep lab technician that the 30 day period can be used for a total of 5 times (5 months) and then it's locked to fixed pressure mode. He didn't say if using the factory reset option resets this limit also.

If this is in fact true then I believe I know of a workaround: Set it to 30 days and use it for 29 days. Now go back into the clinician menu and set it to 7 days. Turn the blower on for a few seconds and then off. Go back into clinician menu and set the A-Trial to 30 days. Your A-Trial counter should now read '0' instead of '29.' Keep doing this every 29 days if you desire to keep using A-Trial. I cannot yet confirm if this workaround actually works. If I remember I'll note it in 5 months (unless I get switched to another machine for whatever reason before that time).

If I can figure out the assembly type of the firmware file (what CPU DreamStations use, what format the firmware file is -- Little Endian or Big Endian, etc) then I might could figure out how they programmed the A-Trial limitations using a disassembler.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation Pro is a fixed pressure machine. Go back to your provider and get it changed if you can The caveat is what your prescription says. If it says fixed pressure then do what I did and get your GP to write a new prescription for an auto machine.

BTW, was your sleep trial with SNORE Australia
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2017, 04:22 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 01:29 AM)jacl Wrote: I dont know if this is how you do it but here go's
+
Glad to see you actually have the Pro and not the basic CPAP Plus model.  You have efficacy data, and it is showing us what we need to know.  The majority of your events are CA (clear airway or central), so perhaps it is best you don't have an auto as that can sometimes make resolving this problem more difficult.  This is usually a sign of some complex apnea.  It's not terribly severe, but with some people, treating obstructive apnea with CPAP results in centrals.  There is also the possibility the machine has improperly categorized the events, and frankly a lot of the events were clustered at the end of the night.

If the results are accurate, my suggestion would be to lower pressure, not increase it.  So, I need to get a sense if this is typical that events are predominately CA and H.  If so and if you are willing to try a CPAP pressure of 8.0, and report the results, we should see CA events reduced, or more OA events.  It would clear things up either way.  Everything else in your statistics looks pretty good.

Tom

thankyou for looking at my chart. I am willing to give anything a go so tonight I am setting my machine at 8.0 and will post results. Again Thankyou.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2017, 03:45 AM)holden4th Wrote: BTW, was your sleep trial with SNORE Australia

No it was through my chemist's sleep apnea program. I think they may be new to it lol

(02-26-2017, 07:25 PM)Russatrice Wrote: Your posted image shows that you do indeed have a Dreamstation Pro but this is what the Therapy screen looks like on a Dreamstation Pro, with A-Trial turned off and with A-trial turned on.

[Image: gFPtU]

[Image: UGd7a]

So much for my picture posting skills....

How about a direct link?

http://imgur.com/a/ioUcW
mine only has cpap, easy start and pressure on it
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you looking at it in the normal settings mode? Or did you simultaneously hold the ramp button and large knob until you got into the clinician settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
clinical settings
Post Reply Post Reply
the last 2 days at a pressure of 8.0
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 01:22 AM)jacl Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 04:22 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 01:29 AM)jacl Wrote: I dont know if this is how you do it but here go's
+
Glad to see you actually have the Pro and not the basic CPAP Plus model.  You have efficacy data, and it is showing us what we need to know.  The majority of your events are CA (clear airway or central), so perhaps it is best you don't have an auto as that can sometimes make resolving this problem more difficult.  This is usually a sign of some complex apnea.  It's not terribly severe, but with some people, treating obstructive apnea with CPAP results in centrals.  There is also the possibility the machine has improperly categorized the events, and frankly a lot of the events were clustered at the end of the night.

If the results are accurate, my suggestion would be to lower pressure, not increase it.  So, I need to get a sense if this is typical that events are predominately CA and H.  If so and if you are willing to try a CPAP pressure of 8.0, and report the results, we should see CA events reduced, or more OA events.  It would clear things up either way.  Everything else in your statistics looks pretty good.

Tom

thankyou for looking at my chart. I am willing to give anything a go so tonight I am setting my machine at 8.0 and will post results. Again Thankyou.

the last 2 days at a pressure of 8.0

Attached FilesThumbnail(s)
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=3246]    [Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=3247]    

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that is not the direction we want to go.  Your event rate is 3X over what you experienced at 10 cm pressure, and it is all hypopnea.  I think we can safely conclude 8 is not an ideal choice.  Let's get back to 10 and start increasing pressure slowly and see if the event can be reduced that direction.  

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3234]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 249 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 682 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Flow Rate Interpretation and PAP Mode / Pressure Settings Suggestions ABC1234 3 605 10-16-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ABC1234

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.