Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation auto-trial mode
RE: Dreamstation auto-trial mode
(03-02-2017, 12:44 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well, that is not the direction we want to go.  Your event rate is 3X over what you experienced at 10 cm pressure, and it is all hypopnea.  I think we can safely conclude 8 is not an ideal choice.  Let's get back to 10 and start increasing pressure slowly and see if the event can be reduced that direction.  

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3234]

LOL It actually felt like very little pressure and I am wondering if the nasal mask may be the prob. I am putting the pressure back to 10.0 for the first night then will try 0.5 increases. I am also going to try a chin strap to make sure my mouth is shut. Thankyou so much for the help. This seems to be the only place I can get any.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

Long time reader. Lots of nice folks here. My cpap pro machine locked me out of a-trial mode. Been using it for 6 month exactly. Any workaround? I even reset my data but it still didn't workaround? Need help. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
All of the information I have seen so far says no. After the A-Trial period expires, the machine will only operate at a fixed pressure.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2017, 10:58 PM)dientse Wrote: Hi all,

Long time reader. Lots of nice folks here. My cpap pro machine locked me out of a-trial mode. Been using it for 6 month exactly. Any workaround? I even reset my data but it still didn't workaround? Need help. Thank you.

I'm very interested in hearing if there is any solution to this, as I can expect to run into it too apparently....
Post Reply Post Reply
I forget who, but someone(s) here is experimenting with frequently switching it in and out of A-trial mode, so as to never let it reach that max where it cuts it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not having read every post in this thread in intimate detail... my input regards getting the machine set to Auto mode. 

I went and checked my own Dreamstation Auto CPAP (500X150) late this afternoon and took some pics that may help.

To enter clinician mode push the round button in, and the ramp button at the same time.. hold them for 5 seconds and the machine should then access the clinicians mode. 

Once there look for the Therapy box and open it.

You will then see 4 boxes, CPAP - A Trial - Ez Start- cmH20

Select the CPAP box.

Rotate the knob to the Auto setting in the CPAP box and press the button again to select Auto mode.

I believe this should have your machine in Auto, then you should be able to set minimum and maximum pressures based on the figures that were found to be optimal for you during your CPAP trial period.

This is not the same section where the machine is set in Trial mode. 

I will add a rider to my information here and state that I have not actually put my machine back in to Auto at this stage, but my understanding from my clinician when I said I that I wanted to be able to put it back in to Auto mode at any time in the future was that I could do so.

Some time down the track I would be interested to see if I can put my machine in Trial mode, I suspect I would be able to do so.. based on the fact that the clinic uses rental machines to lend out for repeat trial periods of customer after customer multiple times per year. 

(sorry for the odd sized pictures, I tried initially to add them as thumbnails, but even downloading them in the smallest size available from my phone they are still too large for what the forum will accept.. so I have tried to reduce the sizes by cropping them as best I can from my Photobucket account... my apologies)

[Image: 0630d913-e74b-4f3e-a599-10bee4264941_zps7e4rxoo4.jpg]

[Image: a2d80641-4965-4062-b00c-0e83ad2b9dcc_zpsmskou5yr.jpg]

[Image: 20170507_181644_resized_zpswsefzlql.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Ockrocket - Do you have the DreamStation CPAP Auto (500), or the DreamStation CPAP (400)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2017, 03:22 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Ockrocket - Do you have the DreamStation CPAP Auto (500), or the DreamStation CPAP (400)?

Auto CPAP (500X150) is the unit I have.

Also updated my post comment and my profile to reflect my specific Dreamstation model Hydrangea.  Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a way to factory reset these machines? Holding a reset button down for 60 seconds? would re-flashing the firmware reset the Auto-trial?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 250 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 684 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Flow Rate Interpretation and PAP Mode / Pressure Settings Suggestions ABC1234 3 605 10-16-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ABC1234

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.