Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation burned smell when turning back on after pee break middle of night
Dreamstation burned smell when turning back on after pee break middle of night
My Dreamstation apap has a burned smell when turning it back on after a pee break in the middle of the night.

When first turning on, even if humidifier was pre-set to on, it doesn't smell.

When I turn it back on after a break in the night, it's ok at first, and then like 15 seconds later, I get a really bad smell for like another 15 seconds, and then it gets  back to normal.

What's going on?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation burned smell when turning back on after pee break middle of night
Is the water chamber dry? I used to smell that when my water chamber would run dry in the middle of the night on dry days.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation burned smell when turning back on after pee break middle of night
not dry
Post Reply Post Reply
Then I’d suggest calling your DME dealer and tell them your problem. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to get that too. Changing the filter and cleaning the water the helped
Post Reply Post Reply
Although I've never experienced it, I keep hearing about it. It's gotta be frustrating to say the least. 

My water reservoir has only gone dry on me once or maybe twice in the past 11 months or so. Even then, I never got a burned smell or any smell at all. Just some residual mineral deposit build-up. Some White Vinegar took care of that quickly enough. 

Maybe make sure your CPAP machine isn't placed too close to it's power supply?  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,432 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,737 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,335 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,102 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 493 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 902 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 374 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.