Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation cpap brick to auto cpap.
Dreamstation cpap brick to auto cpap.
Was issued a dreamstation cpap brick through insurance a month ago but wanted data capability so I just bought a dreamstation cpap auto. It came with the setup guide for providers but I don't know how to correlate it with my sleep study cpap titration of 13.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation cpap brick to auto cpap.
Welcome to the forum.
In my experience, Dream Station is not a "brick" ...a brick is a machine with no capacity to record data.
To set your pressure, you need to get into the clinician mode menu. ... push and hold the ramp button, and the big knob on the front, and hold them for 20-30 seconds.... that will get you in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Rip. Maybe my dreamstation felt more like a brick because it wouldn't tell me my AHI information and I couldn't leak check my mask etc. All it showed me was how many hours I had it on.

So in clinician mode on my new cpap auto, I set it to auto and the auto pressure min of 6 and auto max pressure of 20?? That covers +/- 7 from my cpap titration number of 13.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which DreamStation do you have?

The DreamStation Cpap is a basic model, and collects limited data (yes, a brick)

If your have the DreamStation Pro or DreamStation Auto, then you will get good data from those two machines.

EDIT: Ok, see your post above. Until you start using SleeyHead or know your 90% pressure, this is just a guess, but going by your titrated pressure of 13....I would set the range to minimum 10 and maximum of 16.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose the dreamstation cpap is my month old machine. The dreamstation auto I bought out of pocket arrived today. I'm nervous to set it up myself trying to figure what the settings mean and how to convert my cpap setting of 13 to this fancy adjustable machine.

Edit: Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kadaroten,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You were fortunate that you got the providers manual, most of the time, suppliers don't send those with the machines, they usually just send a users guide.
OpalRose gave you a good range of pressure settings for your new DreamStation Auto to get you started.
Don't be nervous, it will work out OK. You won't know though, 'till you try it.
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy and your new DreamStationAuto.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  hand numbness when using CPAP sleepingbetterinFl 6 140 4 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 497 5 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 219 11 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 164 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 302 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.