Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation heated tubing questions...
Question 
Dreamstation heated tubing questions...
Does the tubing come with the quick release on the headgear end?

...and what is the proper model number/best place to buy? My insurance will not cover the heated hose and it's really aggrivating getting rained out every 3-4 hours.

My humidity is only set on 3. I dropped it down to 2 and it prolonged it by about two additional hours but it still happens. 

I've lowered my unit to the floor (on the bottom of my bedside table that is flat on the floor.)

No help. 

The people at the CPAP company will only tell me that I need to turn the humidity down or turn my thermostat up. 

I keep it around 67 degrees. I can't sleep when it's hot in my room and plus I'm recovering from my second hip replacement surgery this year. Left done on Feb 14 and the right was on Nov 1st. Both collapsed due to a bone disease. At the current temp I randomly sweat from pain and doing my physical therapy. 

If I drop my cpap any lower I get a headache and one time a bloody nose. 

I think it's asinine that they will not / cannot help me.

Sorry for rambling. 

I appreciate everything.

/Michael
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation heated tubing questions...
For the DreamStation, the DreamStation heated tubes are universal. And the mask end of the heated tube is exactly the same as the mask end of the non-heated tube.

And I totally agree with you about the asinine policy. For me, rainout is enough to make me not willing to use CPAP. And when a heated hose resolves that problem, why would the DME or my doctor or my insurance give me a problem over that? It would be akin to a pharmacy giving a patient a pill bottle without a child lock, or giving the patient a liquid version of the Rx rather than a pill form. What is the big deal?

I found that it was not my insurance company that was preventing it, rather my DME who was being cheap. I found a new DME, and they "give" the heated hose as their default.

If you can't get them to "give" you one, you can get it for $25 on Amazon. Just search "Dreamstation Heated Tube".
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem!

I was surprised when I got a ResMed that their heated tubes are specific to each of their machines. I guess different companies do it different ways.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 155 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 757 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.