Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation humidifier
Dreamstation humidifier
I have been looking around the forum but I have not find any info about my question.
I have the Dreamstation with the humidifier and it is on auto settings.
Today at the hospital I got info that I can change this setting to a static one.
Have anybody done this? What settings do you then have?

The reason I want to change it is that I don´t really think that the humidifier are giving me what I want. I also was thinking of getting the heated hose but if I can save that money it would be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation humidifier
You can request the Clinicians manual for your machine. This should help.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Also, reconsider the heated hose. It is a small price to pay for comfort. It will make a world of difference, and help prevent rainout. Check around for best prices, like Amazon, although could cost you more in shipping.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the manuals so I have requested it. Thanks for the link!
So you think the heated hose will give a much better experience? Then I will go for it. It costs about 60$ here in Sweden so it is not so expensive but it is nice to now what I am paying for :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Cribbe, the heated hose is great, especially in a cold climate where you really need the humidifier to work well. I have been doing this since 2008, and before the manufacturers had heated hoses, I used a heated hose from Australia on my old M-series Auto machine. It's so easy now. Get the heated hose and you will be a lot more comfortable...cover it with a fleece hose cover and you won't even know it's there. It is so much nicer to come in contact with the fleece rather than the hard plastic hose.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have mine set to manual to see if more, or less, humidity suits my nose better. Having found a setting that I like, I left it there. Everyone reacts in their own way to humidity, some like a lot, some like none, most are somewhere in-between.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 366 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 259 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 906 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 510 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 427 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,238 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.