Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Headgear for Swift. Only want backstrap.
ResMed Headgear for Swift. Only want backstrap.
Is there any way I can buy only the backstrap for the ResMed silicone headgear for the Swift FX nasal pillow?

It's such a rip-off to have to pay $31 bucks for the whole assembly when all I need is the backstrap, a glorified rubber band. And I only need it because the thing is designed poorly: there is not enough velcro area, and therefore limited adjustablity. Mine is now stretched and too loose, but I cannot get it tighter; I would need to pull it to a point where there is no velcro with which to secure it.

Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Headgear for Swift. Only want backstrap.
(11-07-2018, 09:53 AM)mainemandean Wrote: Is there any way I can buy only the backstrap for the ResMed silicone headgear for the Swift FX nasal pillow?

It's such a rip-off to have to pay $31 bucks for the whole assembly when all I need is the backstrap, a glorified rubber band. And I only need it because the thing is designed poorly: there is not enough velcro area, and therefore limited adjustablity. Mine is now stretched and too loose, but I cannot get it tighter; I would need to pull it to a point where there is no velcro with which to secure it.

Any suggestions?

I found one on Ebay with side comfort pads for $14 but it was in fetching pink.
Price is still a bit high for what it is, but with the side comfort pads it makes it slightly better.
So they are around, but to be honest, I would just knock one up with a couple bits of Velcro and a bit of material.
Search for them on Ebay or Amazon.
I just put in Headgear for Swift FX.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

Yeah, I'll just improvise.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a bunch of relevant hits by searching for allintitle: "swift fx" backstrap OR "back strap" (which omits most listings of the unwanted full headgear), but for some reason most of 'em were in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and Singapore. (Why is this? Discuss.)

I did find the Resmed part number for it, which is 61529-b or -p, presumably meaning blue or pink.

These mask parts are all outrageously overpriced, of course, as we have to expect. I mean, here we're talking about a simple strip of elastic polyester with some velcro sewn on, and the MSRP is something like US$30. Absurd.

As you say, improvising is the way to go. My best suggestion is to consult a friend or relative who is into sewing. Any experienced seamstress would probably know just what materials to buy in small quantities and how to do the cutting & sewing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 57 11 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,662 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 358 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 478 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 424 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,012 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.