Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Removing the balloon on motor expire
Removing the balloon on motor expire
I replaced the motor as a balloon message was popping up about motor expiring, but now the balloon will not go away. How do I remove the balloon?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Removing the balloon on motor expire
If you're talking about ResMed S9 machines, I'm pretty sure only ResMed-authorized repair facilities and some DMEs who have access to the ResMed diagnostic software and hardware (ResLink?) can reset the blower hours back to zero, after a blower replacement is done.  (thus removing the popup "balloon" message you're seeing).

As far as I know, no one around here has access to that software, nor has found any other way to reset blower hours.

User hours can be reset easily inside the Clinician Menu, but not blower hours.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Does the hour clock keep recording after you replace a motor? Will the computer ever shut down the CPAP with a new motor in it do it's programming?
Post Reply Post Reply
For some reason, I'm under the assumption that the hours are stored on a STM8 chip. While I can't site any reference to this, I feel that I read it somewhere. The main firmware is on a STM32 chip. So far, the understanding is when the maximum hours are reached, the Resmed will fail to operate. Searching this out is on my list when I run out of things to do and get very bored. Rolleyes

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you give me the contact so maybe many reviews will get results and make someone respond to our problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Crimson Nape: Do you know what the limit on the AirCurve 10 Vauto is for hours usage when it starts to play dirty ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the A10's limit is around 22,000 hours.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2022, 08:15 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I believe the A10's limit is around 22,000 hours.  
- Red

That sounds about right, based on my experience. But despite the presence of the warning balloon, the machine continues to run. Good as new.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
The DME I talked to today said that if you go into the clinician's menu and reset that S9 the balloon may disappear. I doubt that's true but it might be worth a try. You'll lose all your data on the machine's memory, but I think it will still be retained on the SD card.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2022, 09:12 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: For some reason, I'm under the assumption that the hours are stored on a STM8 chip.   While I can't site any reference to this, I feel that I read it somewhere.  The main firmware is on a STM32 chip.  So far, the understanding is when the maximum hours are reached, the Resmed will fail to operate.  Searching this out is on my list when I run out of things to do and get very bored.  Rolleyes

- Red

Hi there,

The unit will not stop working once its reaches "the maximum hours" as you stated, the "Motor Life Exceeded" messages appears on an S9 @ about 24000 hrs & on an AS10 @ about 22000 hrs.

John vk3hjq  [Image: smile.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,908 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 105 16,368 01-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Julio Bigtime
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 278 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,264 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 815 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9/AS10 Blower Motor Tester vk3hjq 7 1,884 12-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: FaceInTheCrowd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.