Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation issues
Dreamstation issues
Howdy all. I'm a long time CPAP user but new to the forum. I've worn out several machines over the years. My current machine is a Dreamstation DSX500H11. I use a full face mask. Nose pillows don't work for me. Thanks to this site I now know how to change the pressure settings using the provider menu. The issue I'm having is the 'save' function only works for that one session. When the machine is turned off there's a message displayed "change accepted" and the machine reverts to the setting entered by the DME provider. The problem with that setting is the machine will often "test" (as the DME provider calls it) to the max setting of 10 even though my best/least obstructed sleep is 7.5-8. When that happens it wakes me up by basically blowing the mask off my face. When I first got the machine my prescription was for a max of 15 but that was later reduced to 10 because of this same issue. When the provider made the change he had to take the SD card to his computer and change it there because the machine won't remember the change if it's done on the machine. Is there a way to make the machine remember the changes? I'd prefer to not have to pay a co-pay with my doctor for a new prescription when I want to make a change. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation issues
Hi T Thomas! - Welcome
While I'm not familiar with your CPAP's SD card data structure, I'm guessing that you may have a ".bin" file, or some file with as odd suffix, that is acting as a reprogramming agent. I know that Resmed's ResScan data software can add a file like this to its SD cards, and is the reason for my assumption. In all likelihood, this file would be at the main directory of the SD file listings.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply Red. I'm not sure what you mean. What am I supposed to do with the .bin file if there is one? I sure don't want to mess things up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any remote chance the SD card might be 'write protected ON' by the switch on its side (although this would also prevent nightly data from being written as well) ?

I had changed some settings in my previous DS1 that were saved, but not any that were related to pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll check that. I'm not usually lucky enough for a fix of anything to be that simple. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Either you or another DSX500 user will need to post a screenshot of the SD card's main directory listing. Then we can compare them to see if you have an extra listing.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just found this little tidbit in a Philips Encore online brochure, "If Rx settings or other changes are made, Encore records them onto the SmartCard which, when re-inserted into the patient’s device, automatically applies the changes."

This is the file I'm looking for. Another thought; If you have backed up your SD card to a safe space on your computer, you could always reformat the card and erase everything on it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Some screenshots of my archived DSX500T11C SD Card files attached. No BIN files in the DS1. My new DS2 appears to have a PROP.BIN file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you StratCat48!!!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for that but I have no idea what I'm looking at. I don't see .BIN extension. I'm not a coder so it's all greek to me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 214 6 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 157 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 217 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 253 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.