Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation issues
RE: Dreamstation issues
OK, looking at my SD card. I see no .bin extensions. All I could open were the .txt files. I took screen shots of all the .txt folders and one screen shot of one sub folder. All the sub folders have numerical folders with either .001, .002 or .005 extensions and I have nothing that can open them. Ideas?
I'm trying to insert images of the screenshots but I'm not seeing a way to do that. Clicking on the "insert image" button opens a box wanting a url. I am not seeing a way of navigating to the images on my computer. How do I upload my screenshots?
Post Reply Post Reply
First, read the link in my signature, "Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board".   I was just guessing that it may be a binary (".bin") suffix.  
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a file called 'PROP.TXT' (properties?) from the Dream Station 1 SD card. I'm guessing this contains the parameters that define the settings. This would likely be the BIN file equivalent.

CF=4
SN=J26XXXXXXXX3D (serial number-  'redacted')
MN=500X110 (model number)
PT=0x5A
DF=0
DFV=3
F=0
FV=6
SV=V1.1.8.3313 (software version)
FD=1584201601
LD=1634054401
FN=10
PFN=418
EFN=2
DFN=1
SID=0,1,2,3,4,5,6
BK=0x00010d990005176bc156
SK=0x0000129a023349382614
EK=0x00000002040872e2952e
DK=0x000000010306ff845453
TS=0,7,0,0,0,0,0
DC=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
P=
G=
DPK=
VC=0xF91990B5

There is 'PROP.BIN' file from my Dream Station 2 SD card which is a bit less friendly when loaded into NotePad as a text file (can we say encrypted?)...... Bug-eyed Too-funny

$ ca36477f-12f4-4bcd-97da-85698e9bef7e Íj[ WÙ\_±± X Z ž+×ú Ö     ž(±     Ž®®ªƒÄó—y#ÿ\ß>·{°Aû6Œ~Ù«¥ð¥Y$ çµÛÄ¿çSqèU³%™z¦  †GÖæòÿgíSL¡ó„µäëR£@¹Kú¡^êp ^,g `Œ)_Ø6„Ã{ ßÉÀ(휕Ë¡Yü;}‚šÞXR[i';¯™ñRÈjióÃä\7WvYµg᪆§ºmK-·Œ³»ôU¦4ÛÛóÌ‚"›[A6àhxxa:fØ•ò×1Â=æN†ÉÀÙcá¥ô åó5Ó"®žQˆ±°õ8Óð"4æ%V¡‡ÞC' »°žò*–ƒþè´ð½qE)ÉŸ5œü-^b2N0 ôûgùî5}Ÿà¿@à$HÊÿU†LE0}g^vÃ÷’oU®3Ž&ž•z‹¯Â?¡R]o”¡|1Eè”÷bÙߐ!:;®¾}˜2uà8)؃®R<rý£†Ši³è}""فÅH¤× ²ÕXE$æ)õŒ£éïäâ ʇÒ/ÁN9
ÔL‹ª‚󀈘°~ô¤tð¹ª¬—pÓ!XôCÅæ䋝o†Hžñ3„WÅØ&
Post Reply Post Reply
You will need a Hex editor to make any sense of that file.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
NOW I see the attachment button. Doh! It was off the screen on the bottom. Out of site, out of mind. I have my screen shots on my desktop which is off for the night. I'll post them in the morning. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Here are the screenshots I took. My PROP.TXT folder has some differences and some entries are the same. Ideas??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What is in the Encore.txt file? At this point, a safe way to proceed would be to create a backup copy of your SD card on your PC. While the SD card is out of your CPAP, change your settings. Format your SD card and reinsert it back into your CPAP. My steps are based on the possibility that your CPAP reads a setting file each time it's turned on. Encore could modify this file. If this file doesn't exist on the SD card, your CPAP will write its current settings to this file. If this goes south, you can always copy your backup copy back to the card.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
This is what's inside the encore file. You say format the SD card then reinsert it. My understanding of "format" is it'll erase everything on the card. You're saying to insert an empty card? If the encore folder is the difference, what if I copy the folder to my PC then delete it from the SD card and see if it remembers my settings? If that's not the fix I can put it back on the SD card.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That file isn't going to do anything. That file is instructing Encore to its Windows registry entry. Like I advised, copy your complete SD card to a dedicated directory on your computer. Format the card to a FAT32 format. When you insert the newly formatted SD card into your CPAP, it will write all necessary files.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Roger that. I will advise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 71 04-18-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 218 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 574 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 246 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 151 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 147 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 148 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.